1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just bought my first license, how soon?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by StonebriarHoldings, Feb 28, 2015.

1. StonebriarHoldings

StonebriarHoldings New Member

How long does it take before the license shows up in my customer portal?
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Normally semi-instantly, but if you used an e-cheque you have to wait for it to 'clear'.

StonebriarHoldings likes this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's possible the payment has been held for review by PayPal.

That is typically the only time a license isn't generated instantly.

If you submit a ticket we can investigate.
    StonebriarHoldings and Liam W like this.
  4. StonebriarHoldings

I did pay via Paypal through my bank account. I can't start a ticket however due to not having any licenses yet.
  5. StonebriarHoldings

It looks like the delay is due to me paying from my bank account (an e-check). Can I cancel that payment somehow and pay with a credit card to speed things up?
  6. Brogan

Yes, you can cancel the e-cheque at your end and pay using a CC.

Then open a ticket and let us know the details of the e-cheque and we can ensure it is cancelled at this end.
  7. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Is there a way for the customer to cancel an e-cheque? I never did see a way.

Also, @StonebriarHoldings, be aware that the e-cheque may still go through & the balance will be applied to your PayPal account. (At lease this happened to me).

8. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Yes, I would also be leary of cancelling an e-check, never thought you could do that. Once you push click it's usually a done deal, especially with Pay Pal. Maybe you can catch it in time though.
  9. Brogan

The issue has already been resolved.