I haven't still seen a spammer on XF

Hi,

My name is honest John and I have the latest pocket warmer iPhones for sale at really special prices:) .

Cracked cases and exploding batteries along with doubtful delivery and a false promise of a guarantee are standard .
We also promise to sell your banking details and email addres to all the other nice people scammers we know .

Sales at iamaconman@gmail.com

Yes I know but at this time this is the very first forum I ever seen without a single spam post :eek:

Because this board is a week old? It's not like spambots are generated the instant a site goes online, it can sometimes take months or even years for the activity to really ramp up before it generates the interests of spammers.

Because this board is a week old? It's not like spambots are generated the instant a site goes online, it can sometimes take months or even years for the activity to really ramp up before it generates the interests of spammers.

On the other hand I have seen a few forums blitzed by spambots before any real members got to sign up.

On the other hand I have seen a few forums blitzed by spambots before any real members got to sign up.
URL was probably posted on a site a spam spider scanned. Don't forget a lot of them are looking for vB or IPB or something else. The bots don't know how to register / post here yet. I pity any human spammer who spams here with this many forum mods / admins camping the forum lol!

This forum is spawn camped at the moment. Still, enjoy the spam-free era of XenForo because as we all know, eventually her cherry is going to be stolen and she'll no longer be the innocent XenForo we all remember.

This forum is spawn camped at the moment. Still, enjoy the spam-free era of XenForo because as we all know, eventually her cherry is going to be stolen and she'll no longer be the innocent XenForo we all remember.

Wow. I can't look at XF the same now before we get hit with spammers. lol :confused:

I don't think spammers will be too much of a problem. I'm sure once we get one they will be swiftly dealt with and the majority won't even know what happened. :)

I think that it is a combination of factors:
  1. Registration is not easily accessible via automatic means.
  2. There is very few XF forums on the net, its not yet worth their time to invest in breaking the system for use of exploit.
  3. There is no visible source code for said people to waste their time with.
This is at least compare to the other common forum software out there that is easily accessible.

I thought "Floris" is a spambot :p
SCNR ;)

Why you little!!
homer-bart.jpg

Top Bottom