• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 I have a Vbulletin V4 data dump

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You will need to create a database instance and import the dump into it.

Then use the importer from the XenForo ACP and configure it with the vB database details.

Im an idiot... Can you advise on how? "You will need to create a database instance and import the dump into it?"

Carlos

Im an idiot... Can you advise on how? "You will need to create a database instance and import the dump into it?"
Go to PHPMyAdmin or something like that, create a new php database, overwrite (ahem, import) your [vB4] "data dump" on top of it.

From there, you'll need that particular PHP database's credentials to enter in your xf1.2.5 instance.

Database Name: Whatever name you created at the time
Database Username: Whatever you created at the time
Password: Whatever. ^

Last edited:
also this is a zip file with many sql files in it. I did an import of the zip file to a blank database but nothing happened. ugh

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user (I also get an access denied) when I unzip the file and try to import each sql file.

Carlos

Always import from the source sql/php/whatever, and not the zip file.

What unicode is the sql file? Your new MySQL database has to match whatever your dump is.

UTF =/= UTF > Success

UTF =/= Something else > Fail.

I do not know because I was sent this file to try. They loast their VB site, but did have this database dump. It is really a zip file full of sql files.

I see what it is. It seems the dump has created single sql files for each script and then they all are zipped up. I think I need to stitch them together into one large sql file and import.