1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 I have a Vbulletin V4 data dump

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by LDW, Mar 6, 2014.

1. LDW

LDW Member

I need to import to Xenforo. It is a zip file with lots of sql files inside. What is the best method?
  2. LDW

LDW Member

version 1.2.5
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to create a database instance and import the dump into it.

Then use the importer from the XenForo ACP and configure it with the vB database details.
  4. LDW

LDW Member

Im an idiot... Can you advise on how? "You will need to create a database instance and import the dump into it?"
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Go to PHPMyAdmin or something like that, create a new php database, overwrite (ahem, import) your [vB4] "data dump" on top of it.

From there, you'll need that particular PHP database's credentials to enter in your xf1.2.5 instance.

Database Name: Whatever name you created at the time
    Database Username: Whatever you created at the time
    Password: Whatever. ^
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  6. LDW

LDW Member

ok ill try it thank you
  7. LDW

LDW Member

also this is a zip file with many sql files in it. I did an import of the zip file to a blank database but nothing happened. ugh
  8. LDW

LDW Member

MySQL said: [​IMG]

#1044 - Access denied for user (I also get an access denied) when I unzip the file and try to import each sql file.
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Always import from the source sql/php/whatever, and not the zip file.

What unicode is the sql file? Your new MySQL database has to match whatever your dump is.

UTF =/= UTF > Success

UTF =/= Something else > Fail.
  10. LDW

LDW Member

I do not know because I was sent this file to try. They loast their VB site, but did have this database dump. It is really a zip file full of sql files.
  11. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Alright, ask @Jake Bunce to help you.

BTW: "loast" > "lost" ;)
  12. LDW

LDW Member

I see what it is. It seems the dump has created single sql files for each script and then they all are zipped up. I think I need to stitch them together into one large sql file and import.