XF 1.5 I get this - 404 error domain.com/.

fionix

The forum loads fine and I can't see where this comes from unless I do a SCAN with for instant Screaming Frog. It reports that this 404 error is on almost all pages on the forum, but I can't find it.

Any idea how to find out where this damn . is?

Your help is much appreciated.

That's a false positive due to that tool not understanding what an href of "." means (particularly in the context of a base tag).

ahh, I checked with another tool and it highlighted the error here:
  1. <h3 class="nodeTitle"><a href=".#offshorecorptalk-internet-privacy-matters.1">OffshoreCorpTalk - Internet Privacy Matters</a></h3>
I can see that XF forum itself don't has this issue nor has some of the major forums that run XF this 404 error.
Do you know if that can be removed?

Last edited:
true the link works, the same on my forum, but still SEMRush and Screaming Frog mark this as critical error because in SEO it's a big no go! That's why I want it removed.. and I checked xenforo.com/community and it has not a single 404 error also not in the categories where this comes from.

It looks like it is here something has to be changed (I'm not good at CSS or template editing at all) .nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeTitle a - maybe the guys that coded the template have by a mistake put a "." in there!

I tried to remove the below line:
<a href="{xen:link categories, $category}"> </a>

This makes the category title not as a link any longer (of course not) and just put it in as text, still this error persist.. so I assume I can clnclude it has nothing with the template to do but the link is made somewhere else, somone has an idea?

I asked on another forum, this sorted the issue out.. no 404 errors ;) Hope it can be of help to someone.

Easiest way to fix it is to change category links to enable option "create pages for categories". You can find it in options -> node and forum list.

Top Bottom