I find the lack of upgrades due to the current litigation to be really frustating!

I went from vb to ipb, from ipb to xf. Now i would just like to have a mobile skin and some advanced moderation features, nothing exciting.

xenforo is the forum system out there that applies complete MVC practices. I doubt there will be another one within one, two years.

I thought about a mobile skin and I dislike the idea. I have a hard time styling the www frontend. Doing the same for a mobile skin is not what I want. Plus most phones tend to get bigger and bigger. Its not that people browse on their blackberry or on a symbian. What I prefer would be an optimized mobile css. One style that can be both mobile and regular.

For moderation features - I am completely with you :D

Does not bother me, any upgrades would not change a lot, there would maybe have been a mobile theme and bug fixes and little extras.

Nothing I cant wait for or do with add-ons.

As much as I want Xenforo to resume it's rightful ascent ... at this stage ... it's not worth *****ing about.
I'm glad my forum's next version doesn't look like this.
So that wasn't a joke and you are seriously thinking to switch?
That version of vb5 looks promising, but it looks like to have been created by microsoft.

The page loads, but it's an impossible to click layer. Some other things happens (javascript doing some mess with dom or some ajax request? don't know, didn't looked into it) and only than you can click on the links.

I really really hate it.

While i still like xenforo.

The only 2 things i cannot keep missing is a mobile style and some powerful moderation features.

xenforo is the forum system out there that applies complete MVC practices. I doubt there will be another one within one, two years.

I thought about a mobile skin and I dislike the idea. I have a hard time styling the www frontend. Doing the same for a mobile skin is not what I want. Plus most phones tend to get bigger and bigger. Its not that people browse on their blackberry or on a symbian. What I prefer would be an optimized mobile css. One style that can be both mobile and regular.
Kier has a mobile skin almost ready, it only has to publish it. I can assure you that creating a mobile version of a website starting from the desktop one is really kid's job, especially if as in this case we start from an almost ready job.
I've created my set of websites around a forum using some MVC practices, and i really enjoyed it (example: techforum.it is the forum, while technews.it is for the news)

What do you have as an answer? This topic is silly: the question has been asked hundreds of times and hundreds of users have already answered many times, do not bother to revive again a unproductive debate.

Of course we would all like to know that a new version will be released soon. But nobody knows if this is the case and the answer will not come by creating an umpteenth ready-to-close topic.

If you are not satisfied with XenForo, you are free to migrate to a competitor, no one will stop you.

[off.the.record]cedivad: I want some cool Xenforo updates too .... but Xenforo is fine for now... I'm saving my *****ing for the new year. [/off.the.record]

Top Bottom