I find the lack of upgrades due to the current litigation to be really frustating!

Am I the only one who thinks that design is similar to XF? (With XF's being better of course)

It does look similar. The p[ale grey is cold and wishy washy compared to XF soft golden brown. The corners are awful sharp and pointy. The sidebar is fixed width too wide so the main area is too narrow - and I have quite a wide screen must look awful squashed on others.
Why on EARTH do you need to click More Options AND click Advanced to get the bbcode editor? sheesh

I quite like the tabs immediately above the forum stack - Directory Latest Activity My Subscriptions
Notice states: If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. But no FAQ link above! Instead it's embedded in the statement. Confusing.
I really missed the popups with preview on thread starter.
But enough.

I don't find it frustrating, I am happy with how XF is now. Any new releases and features are a bonus.

For mobile I use Tapatalk and Russ's XFstop mobile skin and they work a treat, the only thing I think I need is the ability to merge users.

It's okay everyone...
Kier_Rises.webp

Who'd pay to see this?

Kier(with British accent): I'm Batman

If you're so upset about it, go to another software. No one is making you stay on Xenforo.

Or you can choose to support XenForo through these tough times and get the updates when it's all over. Your choice, but complaining about it is hardly necessary nor is it going to do anything to help the situation.

If you're so upset about it, go to another software. No one is making you stay on Xenforo.

Or you can choose to support XenForo through these tough times and get the updates when it's all over. Your choice, but complaining about it is hardly necessary nor is it going to do anything to help the situation.
Bla Bla Bla, blabla...
Thank you for your useful post!

:)

I don't find it frustrating, I am happy with how XF is now. Any new releases and features are a bonus.

For mobile I use Tapatalk and Russ's XFstop mobile skin and they work a treat, the only thing I think I need is the ability to merge users.

I just assumed that most of XF used Tapatalk & XFStop anyways. Do people actually not use these two things? I mean, if you're using that responsive skin then it makes sense... but if you aren't, what are you waiting for?!

Please stop this vB 5 bashing and giving vB any more publicly. This thread is about xenforo only.

Yes I find it very frustration because

1) even if KAM deal with a lawsuit, I doubt that they don't have time just 5 minutes a day to login here and post some replies to questions. To me this is hurting xenforo more than the lawsuit.

2) I am afraid of XenForo 1.2 if it's ever gets released. Yes, I am. Because with every day XF 1.2 is pushed back, people including myself more and more patch their sites with missing features, make heavy html and css changes, up to that point where they completly rely on those modifications and are afraid of XF 1.2 messing everything up.

I am a bit in a dilemma here. Should I proceed with building my site around XF 1.1.3, taking the risk to be forced to start over again with xf 1.2 or should I wait for XF 1.2 and build my site around it? :(

I am a bit in a dilemma here. Should I proceed with building my site around XF 1.1.3, taking the risk to be forced to start over again with xf 1.2 or should I wait for XF 1.2 and build my site around it? :(
FWIW I don't think 1.2 will make you "start" over, there may be a mod or two that need updated, but that should be it.

Off-Topic forums aren't spam dumpsters, but simply forums for any serious content that wouldn't fit in all other forums. Bashing vB is not serious content (I believe it's also against the rules here. No wait, it IS against the rules. Read the forum description). Enough is enough, move on.

Please stop this vB 5 bashing and giving vB any more publicly. This thread is about xenforo only.

Yes I find it very frustration because

1) even if KAM deal with a lawsuit, I doubt that they don't have time just 5 minutes a day to login here and post some replies to questions. To me this is hurting xenforo more than the lawsuit.

2) I am afraid of XenForo 1.2 if it's ever gets released. Yes, I am. Because with every day XF 1.2 is pushed back, people including myself more and more patch their sites with missing features, make heavy html and css changes, up to that point where they completly rely on those modifications and are afraid of XF 1.2 messing everything up.

It's a matter of picking your battles. It is the same as someone saying I have three questions, and once I have those three questions answered, I won't ask more. You let them ask three questions. Does it end? No. There's always a fourth. And a fifth.

Top Bottom