1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 I can't view reports but my moderators can

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by NURV, Mar 17, 2015.

1. NURV

NURV Member

Hi, I (an administrator) can't view reports (open or closed) but my moderators can. Is there an option I need to set somewhere in order to get this to work?

Thanks.

2. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

To view reported items, you must explicitly be made a moderator in the ACP.

ACP > Users > Moderators

In addition:

https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just an FYI but being an Administrator is not at all related with moderating content on the front end.

It is possible to be an Administrator but not a Moderator.

melbo and NURV like this.
  5. NURV

NURV Member

I went to that page and resaved it (even though all were checked) and after that it worked. Front end moderation permissions appeared to be imported from vBulletin just fine, so I don't need to change anything there.

6. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Good info Brogan.
    I just realized that I'm a Moderator without being in the secondary Moderator usergroup.

7. Brogan

User groups are primarily for permissions and styling.

Specific states such as moderator and administrator are in addition to those.

8. NURV

NURV Member

I've been told there is supposed to be a sidepanel on the reports area with buttons to close reports, etc. Why would this not be displaying? Any ideas? I do have the Widget framework addon installed and am using a custom side bar, but if I need to set something to enable the moderation side bar, please let me know.

9. Brogan

You would need to ask in the add-on thread.

It should display by default.

10. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

If you don't have any reports, there's nothing to see. Go report something and see if it shows up. I have widget framework but didn't have to do anything for the report functions.

11. NURV

NURV Member

Where should it display by default? I don't see the options anywhere.

(And I do have reported posts in there. We just can't close them or do anything but reply.)

12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There are no options, the report centre sidebar is just there.

As you're using Widget Framework, I suspect you are using the "All" position in the Clear Sidebar widget and possibly other widgets too. Don't use the "All" position as it carries out the action everywhere, including in the Report Centre, hence making the Report Centre sidebar disappear. You should use named templates instead eg forum_list. If you need for further guidance on using template names and hooks,you can post about these in the Widget Framework discussion thread.