1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Who can view detailed online status? Can I limit this to just mods+admins?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by iaresee, Nov 5, 2015.

1. iaresee

iaresee Member

Hi!

With the recent switch to Xenforo I've had some user complaints about this:

Screen_Shot_2015-11-05_at_8_12_05_AM.png

They find the detailed information about what they're currently doing...unsettling.

Looking at the template code for member_card, it looks like I could straight up rip this out:

Code:
            <xen:if is="{$canViewOnlineStatus}">
                <dl class="pairsInline lastActivity">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase x_was_last_seen, 'username={$user.username}'}:</dt>
                    <dd>
                        <xen:if is="{$user.activity} AND {$canViewCurrentActivity}">
                            <xen:if is="{$user.activity.description}">
                                {$user.activity.description}<xen:if is="{$user.activity.itemTitle}"> <em><a href="{$user.activity.itemUrl}" class="concealed">{$user.activity.itemTitle}</a></em></xen:if>,
                            <xen:else />
                                {xen:phrase viewing_unknown_page},
                            </xen:if>
                            <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" class="muted" />
                            <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" />
                    </dd>
                </dl>

But I'm wondering if there's a way to set it so that only admins and moderators can see the detailed activity information? Is the easiest way to do this, edit the template so it's something like:

Code:
            <xen:if is="{$canViewOnlineStatus}">
                <dl class="pairsInline lastActivity">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase x_was_last_seen, 'username={$user.username}'}:</dt>
                    <dd>
                        <xen:if is="{$user.activity} AND {$canViewCurrentActivity}">
                            <xen:if is="{$canBanUsers}">
                              <xen:if is="{$user.activity.description}">
                                  {$user.activity.description}<xen:if is="{$user.activity.itemTitle}"> <em><a href="{$user.activity.itemUrl}" class="concealed">{$user.activity.itemTitle}</a></em></xen:if>,
                                  {xen:phrase viewing_unknown_page},
                            <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" class="muted" />
                            <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" />
                    </dd>
                </dl>

Is there a single "is moderator or administrator" check I can make? I figured all of those types of super users would have ban capabilities on my board so $canBanUsers was an okay substitution.

Is there an easier way to achieve this?

Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They just need to uncheck the option in their account preferences:

upload_2015-11-5_16-35-0.png

Moderators with the privacy bypass permission will still be able to see their current activity.

3. iaresee

iaresee Member

Ok. Yea, I'm probably overthinking this. Thanks.