XF 1.5 Who can view detailed online status? Can I limit this to just mods+admins?

iaresee

Hi!

With the recent switch to Xenforo I've had some user complaints about this:

Screen_Shot_2015-11-05_at_8_12_05_AM.webp

They find the detailed information about what they're currently doing...unsettling.

Looking at the template code for member_card, it looks like I could straight up rip this out:

Code:
        <xen:if is="{$canViewOnlineStatus}">
            <dl class="pairsInline lastActivity">
                <dt>{xen:phrase x_was_last_seen, 'username={$user.username}'}:</dt>
                <dd>
                    <xen:if is="{$user.activity} AND {$canViewCurrentActivity}">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.activity.description}">
                            {$user.activity.description}<xen:if is="{$user.activity.itemTitle}"> <em><a href="{$user.activity.itemUrl}" class="concealed">{$user.activity.itemTitle}</a></em></xen:if>,
                        <xen:else />
                            {xen:phrase viewing_unknown_page},
                        </xen:if>
                        <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" class="muted" />
                        <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" />
                </dd>
            </dl>

But I'm wondering if there's a way to set it so that only admins and moderators can see the detailed activity information? Is the easiest way to do this, edit the template so it's something like:

Code:
        <xen:if is="{$canViewOnlineStatus}">
            <dl class="pairsInline lastActivity">
                <dt>{xen:phrase x_was_last_seen, 'username={$user.username}'}:</dt>
                <dd>
                    <xen:if is="{$user.activity} AND {$canViewCurrentActivity}">
                        <xen:if is="{$canBanUsers}">
                          <xen:if is="{$user.activity.description}">
                              {$user.activity.description}<xen:if is="{$user.activity.itemTitle}"> <em><a href="{$user.activity.itemUrl}" class="concealed">{$user.activity.itemTitle}</a></em></xen:if>,
                              {xen:phrase viewing_unknown_page},
                        <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" class="muted" />
                        <xen:datetime time="{$user.effective_last_activity}" />
                </dd>
            </dl>

Is there a single "is moderator or administrator" check I can make? I figured all of those types of super users would have ban capabilities on my board so $canBanUsers was an okay substitution.

Is there an easier way to achieve this?

Thanks!

They just need to uncheck the option in their account preferences:

upload_2015-11-5_16-35-0.webp

Moderators with the privacy bypass permission will still be able to see their current activity.

Top Bottom