I bought a new HT Wildfire mobile phone

mrGTB

Been reading a lot about how people rate the HT mobile phones highly, so today I went out and purchased an HT Wildfire. Superb mobile phone and still playing with it. :)

HTC-Wildfire-screen.jpg

Mine has the same black background that that comes with this sprint model. Just odered a cover for it from here as well. http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/Wildfire-Covers.htm

I swear by htc smartphones. They are solid (pending you don't drop them in boiling coffee). The ui is great and all your apps are easy to find. The only downside to any htc mobiles (for me anyway) is that when google update their android software htc are slow in updating to the latest android and even after htc update it still needs to go through your service provider so they cram their crap in.

Well right now I'm having problems connecting to my own Wireless Lan in the home with it. It keeps saying it's connected and getting IP address, password is correct and accepted for connection e.t.c. Then it just says disconnecting and tries again. Same thing over and over. I just did a quick search on this and found this information, but I don't really get what you have to do.

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=80103878796192012e032cede50076c0

RE: HTC Wildfire Wifi problems
Posted: 35 days ago in response to: lostparadise
Hi lostparadise, have you set your router to assign IP addresses by DHCP (i.e. automaticaly)? You may need to do this so that your phone gets assigned an IP address. As you mentioned static IPs your static IP address and subnet mask will need to be in the correct range for your router i.e. if your router has an IP of 192.168.0.1 you will need to ensure that your static IP is 192.168.0.x (where x equals the last octet of the IP range) and fill in the subnet mask and default gateway settings.

Full instructions on how to set your router up should be contained in the CD that came with your router or you could try your router manufacturers website to view a manual.

Regards,

Stef
Forum Team

I swear by htc smartphones. They are solid (pending you don't drop them in boiling coffee). The ui is great and all your apps are easy to find. The only downside to any htc mobiles (for me anyway) is that when google update their android software htc are slow in updating to the latest android and even after htc update it still needs to go through your service provider so they cram their crap in.
They're faster than most of the manufacturers, though some phones don't get updated because they're out of date.

HTC should start making it so you can either use vanilla android, of their version, that way users have the option of updating directly, and it would also allow people to not have to use HTC sense if they don't like it (Though it is by far the best skin in comparison to other manufacturer skins).

Then it just says disconnecting and tries again. Same thing over and over. I just did a quick search on this and found this information, but I don't really get what you have to do.

Are you able to connect bluetooth devices ? ... if you can't then run back to the store and request an exchange right away .. This could be a faulty chip ...

(now after scaring the hell out of you :D) ... try another wifi source and see if the behavior is the same (to eliminate the router) ...

I'll test both out at work tomorrow, not a lot else I can do right now. Not worried about getting it exchanged if there is a fault with it, I got it from ARGOS (pay as you go), and they have no issues exchanging faulty goods.

wildfire was my first android phone and it is really very good smart phone, missing it.

xda-developers.com is the best place,
ps. root it and install set cpu

The Wi-Fi works fine in work, connected no problem and has also to some random unsecured routers in my area tested. The problem seems to be with the Belkin N1 series of router I have, seems a few people are having the same issues searching google about it.

I've tried changing a few settings in the router admin panel as recommended to get connected to it, still no joy.

The Wi-Fi works fine in work, connected no problem and has also to some random unsecured routers in my area tested. The problem seems to be with the Belkin N1 series of router I have, seems a few people are having the same issues searching google about it.

I've tried changing a few settings in the router admin panel as recommended to get connected to it, still no joy.
and it's a wireless router? That's odd.

Rooting cellphones is both legal and easy.
I was able to get a good ROM on my cellphone, better than what Tmobile installed, that's for sure.
Legal, although they do violate most warrenty agreements.
Only problem I've found with rooting some people's phones is that it can make it unstable but that is easy to fix anymore.

They're faster than most of the manufacturers, though some phones don't get updated because they're out of date.

HTC should start making it so you can either use vanilla android, of their version, that way users have the option of updating directly, and it would also allow people to not have to use HTC sense if they don't like it (Though it is by far the best skin in comparison to other manufacturer skins).
If I remember correctly (I'm 98% sure on this), Android has no "hardware interface" layer in the software. Its more or less up to the manufacturer's to build that portion of the OS so it works on their phone.

Legal, although they do violate most warrenty agreements.
It is of course illegal to void warranties because someone rooted the phone - as rooting is legal.
However, in practice, phone manufacturers do void warranties occasionally.
Most of the time, they just fix the phone.
It is also easy to restore the phone back to the original state .... to not void the warranty.

Top Bottom