1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bought a new HT Wildfire mobile phone

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrGTB, Mar 21, 2011.

1. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Been reading a lot about how people rate the HT mobile phones highly, so today I went out and purchased an HT Wildfire. Superb mobile phone and still playing with it. :)

Mine has the same black background that that comes with this sprint model. Just odered a cover for it from here as well. http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/Wildfire-Covers.htm
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I swear by htc smartphones. They are solid (pending you don't drop them in boiling coffee). The ui is great and all your apps are easy to find. The only downside to any htc mobiles (for me anyway) is that when google update their android software htc are slow in updating to the latest android and even after htc update it still needs to go through your service provider so they cram their crap in.
    Jeremy, erich37 and Forsaken like this.
  3. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Well right now I'm having problems connecting to my own Wireless Lan in the home with it. It keeps saying it's connected and getting IP address, password is correct and accepted for connection e.t.c. Then it just says disconnecting and tries again. Same thing over and over. I just did a quick search on this and found this information, but I don't really get what you have to do.

4. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

They're faster than most of the manufacturers, though some phones don't get updated because they're out of date.

HTC should start making it so you can either use vanilla android, of their version, that way users have the option of updating directly, and it would also allow people to not have to use HTC sense if they don't like it (Though it is by far the best skin in comparison to other manufacturer skins).
  5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Are you able to connect bluetooth devices ? ... if you can't then run back to the store and request an exchange right away .. This could be a faulty chip ...

(now after scaring the hell out of you :D) ... try another wifi source and see if the behavior is the same (to eliminate the router) ...
  6. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I'll test both out at work tomorrow, not a lot else I can do right now. Not worried about getting it exchanged if there is a fault with it, I got it from ARGOS (pay as you go), and they have no issues exchanging faulty goods.
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Is it a wildfire (older) or wildfire S (newer) ?

xda-developers to the rescue !

No ROMS for HTC Wildfire S yet.
    But lots of ROMS for HTC Wildfire.
    Umit likes this.
  8. Umit

Umit Active Member

wildfire was my first android phone and it is really very good smart phone, missing it.

xda-developers.com is the best place,
    ps. root it and install set cpu
  9. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Not everyone is comfortable with rooting, and it would give a company a better image of supporting android if they allowed vanilla and their own version, as well as allowing people to upgrade when they wish.
  10. KevinL

KevinL Member

11. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

The Wi-Fi works fine in work, connected no problem and has also to some random unsecured routers in my area tested. The problem seems to be with the Belkin N1 series of router I have, seems a few people are having the same issues searching google about it.

I've tried changing a few settings in the router admin panel as recommended to get connected to it, still no joy.
  12. Digital Doctor

Rooting cellphones is both legal and easy.
    I was able to get a good ROM on my cellphone, better than what Tmobile installed, that's for sure.
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

and it's a wireless router? That's odd.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

What exactly is "rooting" a cellphone?
  15. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

The Android equivalent of jailbreaking
  16. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Probably something like jailbreaking.
  17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. :)
  18. Decent60

Decent60 Well-Known Member

Legal, although they do violate most warrenty agreements.
    Only problem I've found with rooting some people's phones is that it can make it unstable but that is easy to fix anymore.
  19. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If I remember correctly (I'm 98% sure on this), Android has no "hardware interface" layer in the software. Its more or less up to the manufacturer's to build that portion of the OS so it works on their phone.
  20. Digital Doctor

It is of course illegal to void warranties because someone rooted the phone - as rooting is legal.
    However, in practice, phone manufacturers do void warranties occasionally.
    Most of the time, they just fix the phone.
    It is also easy to restore the phone back to the original state .... to not void the warranty.