I am looking at coming back to xenforo from IPS

gavpeds

As the title says really. I am wondering, however, is there is a way to make the main forum index page show the latest topics as default rather than forum categories. Is there a way to do this or would it require custom coding?

Ah, thanks, I just tried the forums default page to new posts but that seems to only show unread which means if a user has read everything they will see nothing.

I just tried to create a page node page but not sure how to add the widget but then surely people would still have to click the page node. I would ideally like to show the latest/most recent topics on the homepage and no nodes.

Ah, thanks, I just tried the forums default page to new posts but that seems to only show unread which means if a user has read everything they will see nothing.
Worth mentioning that this is part of the "find new" system which supports filters, so users can change the default filters.

The default for registered users is indeed unread only (and we don't have an option to change that default), but users can change the filters in use (such as removing the unread only constraint) and save them so they're default.

This is why I don't use it. I was excited to see the more modern setting of showing content first, but as the homepage of your site, it can literally be a blank white page when all is read. No good.

Top Bottom