XF 1.1 Human Verification Question Issue

zappaDPJ

I've finally gone live with my first XenForo installation (the first of many I hope) and I've run into an issue that I'm not quite sure how to fix.

This was a slightly odd installation in that it was necessary to do a selected import from a vBulletin 4 database. The data imported contained only user data, avatars and pms.

The main issue is that the Sign Up page now contains an inappropriate Human Verification Question (with hint) that does not appear in the Admin Panel and I really need to remove it.

The other issue which is minor and less of a concern is that it appears user post count data has also been imported.

Any ideas on how to resolve these two issues would be most appreciated, particularly the Human Verification Question problem.

With human verification - was it a conscious decision to use Question and Answer? There's another type of CAPTCHA available which is reCAPTCHA. That can be enabled using the Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information.

Alternatively, if the question you want to remove is not available for deletion from the admin CP then I suggest using phpMyAdmin to find the table called xf_captcha_question and delete any you don't need.

As for the post count data, you may need to rebuild caches in the Admin CP. Specifically, Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Rebuild Thread Information with the Rebuild position and post counters checked.

The Human Verification Question was apparently imported along with the user data but appears to be independent of the (re)CAPTCHA. Setting either CAPTCHA or none at all, the question still appears. Furthermore, phpMyAdmin returns 'an empty result set (i.e. zero rows)' for xf_captcha_question. I'm at a loss to know where else to look.

I also already tried rebuilding the caches with that option set (and not set) but the post counts remain the same unfortunately.

o_O

So, if reCAPTCHA is enabled do you still see a CAPTCHA as well as this question?

If so, I wonder if that has been imported as a custom user field?

Admin CP > Users > Custom User Fields

Exactly that, it was indeed imported as a custom user field. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated, I doubt I would have thought to look in that area :)

Top Bottom