Best captcha / human verification for xenForo 2.2 in 2024?

Scandal

Hello all!

Recently I see new registered bot accounts on my forum. I use Question & Answer human verification in my language but seems it is broken now.

What I could do?

Is there any addon for 2.2.2 to enable a new, more reliable human verification system?

Also using Q&A, have spam banned a lot the the last week.
I changed the Question now, maybe it will help?

I use Question & Answer human verification in my language but seems it is broken now.
Change the question. I find a Q&A to be 100% effective until it's not and it's usually years before that happens. The key is to find a Q&A that can't easily be brute-forced but at the same time can always be answered by a genuine member at registration.

Right now, I think the best one you can use is Cloudflare's Turnstile. I would recommend setting up and enabling it. It has been flawless so far.

+1 for Cloudflare Turnstile, it's the best and most effective captcha without annoying your users.
I stopped using Q&A quite some time ago as it didn't give good results even if you change questions. It's an outdated approche.

Reactions: Jja
I have xF2 version 2.2.2.
Is there any - maybe - free addon to support Cloudflare Turnstile?
Is Cloudflare Turnstile free as far as it concerns the API keys?

It's built into default Xenforo. Yes it's free.

Or you could just follow the two first replies, after changing my one question to another I haven't got any more spam registrations.

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue on my forum with the Q&A system. Thank you for your suggestions; I'll try using Turnstile.

Top Bottom