• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 HUGE mistake - Deleted Category

I made a huge mistake a minute ago and deleted a category with thousands of posts.
Is there any way to undue this without a backup?

Alright that's fine. The thing I'm worried about here...
My site has been down since yesterday. The reason being due to a host migration.
The back-up is from the old host. Can I restore that on my new host without affecting the name servers or messing things up?

Tracy Perry

If the directory structure is duplicated (the same on the old as the new, like if it was in /community then it is still in /community) then you should have no problem with it (and the domain remains the same).

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It really makes no difference.

You can copy the files to a new directory structure and import the database to a new domain/URL.

All you need to do is update the Board URL in the ACP.

Alright guys I appreciate that I have a full back-up anyway which was restored and clearly works so if it goes bad I can always just revert.
Thanks!

Digital Doctor

I made a huge mistake a minute ago and deleted a category with thousands of posts.
Is there any way to undue this without a backup?
So few people backup things properly.
I'll guess that 80% of Xenforo users don't have reliable backups.

It would be wise to have Xenforo come with automated backups as soon as it is installed.
Surely it would save many people's butts.