XF 1.3 http://xenforo.com/help/twitter-integration/

OverHere

I am trying to set up a Twitter app for a .singles TLD website, but, Twitter keeps saying:

• Validation failed: Not a valid URL format
  • Not a valid URL format

Does any one have a solution for this?

Thanks.

That's what this thread is about, isn't it?

If Twitter does not recognise your URL as valid then, no, Twitter Integration (Log In with Twitter) will not work. You would have to try and get support from Twitter on that.

That's what this thread is about, isn't it?

If Twitter does not recognise your URL as valid then, no, Twitter Integration (Log In with Twitter) will not work. You would have to try and get support from Twitter on that.

My wording is wrong, I mean the 'Log in with Twitter' bit can be erased yes if it wont work coz of my URL? (So I'll have left Log in with Google & Log in with Facebook)

If Google and Facebook allow your URL they will work.

Thanks, just set it up & both Google & Facebook are working good. Can you tell me, for setting up of the Facebook part of your Social Connect mod, is the Facebook secret key etc the same ones as what is being used for Facebool Connect?

I think Facebook now requires you to seek extra permissions from them for certain types of app.

You need to submit your Facebook app for review.

Click on the Status & Review menu:

upload_2014-5-25_1-46-51.webp

Then Submit Items for Approval:

upload_2014-5-25_1-47-20.webp

And request publish_actions:

upload_2014-5-25_1-47-52.webp

This is all new so I'm not familiar with the full process, but Facebook should guide you through it.

I think Facebook now requires you to seek extra permissions from them for certain types of app.

You need to submit your Facebook app for review.

Click on the Status & Review menu:

View attachment 74363

Then Submit Items for Approval:

View attachment 74364

And request publish_actions:

View attachment 74365

This is all new so I'm not familiar with the full process, but Facebook should guide you through it.

Yes, it is asking for review and the process seems lengthy and required quite a bit info which I don't yet have... Can you not in any way adjust your SC mod so that FB's default permission is had?

No. He doesn't mean that.

What I said still stands. It requires the publish_stream permission. Facebook requires you to submit that for approval.

No. He doesn't mean that.

What I said still stands. It requires the publish_stream permission. Facebook requires you to submit that for approval.

Twitter log in works on my site. But, I have tried to set up the Twitter part of Social Connect and when I log in and click 'Link With Twitter' it takes you to a dead page?

I know for the Facebook part of Social Connect we need to submit for FB approval but the Twitter part of SC should work? I followed the Twitter part of SC set up instructions at http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-connect-for-facebook-and-twitter.1310/ but no luck.

I used the same Twitter Dev account as the one I used to set up Twitter Log in but set up a new app for the Twitter part of SC.

Also, the url of the website is put in as full http://www etc i.e. the same as it is for the Twitter Login app.

What could be going wrong?

Last edited:
Top Bottom