XF 1.2 Http:// being replaced with smilie in signature URL ?

ProCom

I just noticed that the :/ in http:// is being replaced with our "side" smiley:

upload_2013-11-24_19-22-55.webp

It seems to only be happening in signatures. Any ideas how to fix this?

Isn't this expected behaviour?

When parsing the text and bbcode it sees :/ and as you have a smiley created using this code, it displays the smiley when in a URL.

I had the same issue a while back and so just changed the smiley code.

Great discussion, thanks guys!

In regular messages / posts a url typed out is automatically hyperlinked, but I guess it isn't in signatures? Shouldn't the behavior be the same in signatures as in messages and conversations?

Auto-linking should work the same in signatures provided you allow users to insert links in them. I'd check the permissions surrounding this.

Now I'm super confused!

When I go into his admin CP to edit his signature I see this:
upload_2013-11-25_13-31-30.webp
As Admin do I not get the RTE for editing signatures like the user would?

Also, even with bbcode, shouldn't entering a URL like the above still create a hyperlink? I double checked permissions and this user is in the "Registered" user group and "Allow links" in signature is set to "Allow".

No - for admins, signatures are exactly what you enter is exactly what you get.

What's the maximum number of links the user is allowed to enter? I'd guess it's 0, which effectively disables links as well.

Interesting! I do have links limited to 1 (one) link, and it looks like this user has two. I just assumed that when a user tries to submit more than one they get an error... so now I have the following question:

Say I have the group set to 1 link allowed.

The user puts in two links in their signatures:

http://www.xenforo.com
http://www.MikeIsCool.com

In that case, what will happen? Will only one link be parsed as a URL and the other as text... which would cause the other to be parsed as text and then result in the smiley replacement?

If you allow links, it should error if they have too many. (If you allow none, they will be silently removed.)

I assume this user must have unlinked the second one explicitly (and prevented the auto-link that does happen after submission).

Thanks Mike.

I'm unable to fully test this for the user since my interface as admin editing their profile is different from what they see. For example, I have it set to one URL and when I'm editing it as Admin I don't get any errors or anything. What will be the behavior for me as admin if I enter 2 links and only one is allowed for the usergroup they are in?

Some additional background: This user's signature was converted over from another platform and they haven't logged in since, which is how 2 URLs got in there. When I go in to edit it, I don't get the same behavior that the user would.

What will be the behavior for me as admin if I enter 2 links and only one is allowed for the usergroup they are in?
As an admin editing a user's signature, you avoid any limits that are applied to them.

Some additional background: This user's signature was converted over from another platform and they haven't logged in since, which is how 2 URLs got in there. When I go in to edit it, I don't get the same behavior that the user would.
The signature is simply brought over as it was then. It wouldn't have been linked when imported.

Top Bottom