1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTTP 500 on Import, under Windows

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Shamil, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I seem to be having an issue trying to import data from a database.

Running XenForo 1.0, Beta 2 on Windows Server 2008 R2, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.3.3

So, I enter the database values on the Configure Importer page. I am using the local root to login, and I've entered the host as On submitting the form, I am faced with a HTTP 500.

Unfortunately, nothing is sent to the php log, so I don't know what's going on.

WinCache datastore had been disabled. No plugins/addons installed.
  2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

So the xenforo is installed correctly ? what are you trying to import ?

by default IIS error log is in c:\inetpub\logs\logfile

Check that and here is the link for each error cause : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943891
  3. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Did you get any errors in your log ? Please post here
  4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

That IIS log file only logs the visits/page. I'm trying to import a vB forum into XenForo. No errors in the log file

Edit: I forgot about XenForo's internal system though...

Erro : Undefined index: charset library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php:81 A moment ago

Error Info

ErrorException: Undefined index: charset - library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php:81
    Generated by: Shamil, 1 minute ago
    Stack Trace

#0 C:\inetpub\Hostcule\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php(81): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', 'C:\inetpub\Host...', 81, Array)
    #1 C:\inetpub\Hostcule\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin.php(29): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->validateConfiguration(Array)
    #2 C:\inetpub\Hostcule\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Import.php(56): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->configure(Object(XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Array)
    #3 C:\inetpub\Hostcule\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(303): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionConfig()
    #4 C:\inetpub\Hostcule\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #5 C:\inetpub\Hostcule\admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #6 {main}
    Request State

array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(47) "admin.php?import/config"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["import/config"] => string(0) ""
    ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["config"] => array(1) {
    ["db"] => array(6) {
    ["host"] => string(9) ""
    ["port"] => string(4) "3306"
    ["username"] => string(4) "root"
    ["password"] => string(7) "password"
    ["dbname"] => string(13) "vbforum"
    ["prefix"] => string(0) ""
    ["importer"] => string(9) "vBulletin"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1288202791,f5fba9f8e44d108d3b422f33a1ee696e839d310f"

Seriously, can XenForo stop putting out things in the header? I can't actually tell what's going on :/
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Did you happen to start an import on beta 1 and move to beta 2 then? I could see that causing it. Otherwise, the only other cause I could think of would be having the admin templates from beta 1 - re-running the upgrade steps should catch that.
  6. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

If you got a 500 internal error, IIS should spit out an error in the log folder

In any case ... check your vB database : "Undefined index: charset" rebuild it and try again
  7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Nope. Just started it. I'll rerun the upgrade steps.

Let's see
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Update: Nope. Even tried a fresh install of XenForo.

Update: Tried commenting out the references to the charset. So far, it's importing the data. On step: Import Forums...

Update: On the complete import step, so it's rebuilding the cache. Looks like a lot of "An error occurred or the request was stopped." messages coming out from the user cache purge. I can't tell what it is, since there's nothing in the logs to indicate what error occurred. Maybe timeout? Rebuilding threads though.

Update: Threads 2500? There's only 2,100 threads there :eek:
  9. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

hahahaha vB databases are weired .. I suspect the problem is from the source :D .... optimize it over and over :D
  10. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Tried that. Import completed. Permissions issues. The administrator has no privileges to post.