1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden" in some forums

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Ivar, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Ivar

Ivar Member

Hi there,

Thanks for a great software. So much better than what I used before.

Over the last two days I have gotten Crawl Errors from Google. Not in all forums, but some.... today Webmaster tools shows about 14.000 pages with this problem.

One example:
    URL: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/medical-issues-on-the-pilgrimage.32/

Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 10.18.58.png
    ...as you can see... a 403 error...

Any ideas why this is?

The other day I did install the "Alter Ego Detector" plugin, but have since uninstalled and cleared cache...

Thanks for any help.
    Ivar

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you can show us the rest of the HTML of the page, we can see the reason. I'd guess it was a permission setting though.

3. Ivar

Ivar Member

Ok, uploading a pdf with the full html code that "Fetch as google" generated in Webmaster Tools (was too long to add in post).

Thanks!
    Ivar

Attached Files:

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That was the error Google received.

5. Ivar

Ivar Member

o_O Really? ... ok... need to look into this... sounds like the Alter Ego Plugin did this.. Thanks!

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Ivar

Ivar Member

That was it.. I had 2 ips banned... (my guess the plugin did it) ...I removed them and now it works.

Thanks!!!!

Adam Howard likes this.
  7. rightclickfix

rightclickfix Member

I've got a very quiet forum right now and one users reporting an error 403 so I'm looking into it. I've got one banned user but not by IP yey the 2 live close by each other so can you help me please? a link will do... maybe there's more users can't access the forums you see?