1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented prefix threads when starting tread in some forums and categories

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by dendy11, Mar 2, 2015.

1. dendy11

dendy11 New Member

upd:Multiple prefixes.
    I see it like this:
    I have trade category/forum
    All users, for starting new threads in this category/forum, must choose one checkbox "buy" or "sell"(they are going to sell something or buy something)

And I have, for example, money exchange category/forum
    All users, for starting new threads in this category/forum, must choose at least one checkbox: "usd", "uah", "rub"

And add filters for categories/forums. When I am at the money exchange category, I can choose display only threads with prefixes "usd", or "usd" and "uah".

It makes some categories more readeable. If I want to see all, I will see all. If I am interesting only in some threads, I will see only some threads. It's bad way to make some forums for only "usd" or something other, because of maybe somebody make thread with all checkbox and going to work with "usd", "uah", "rub"
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. dendy11

dendy11 New Member

and it will be good to ad prefixes for sub-forums
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Prefixes and prefix selection when creating threads are already available in the core.
    Mouth likes this.
  4. dendy11

dendy11 New Member

but I am not able to choose few prefixes
    Ridemonkey likes this.
  5. Ridemonkey

Ridemonkey Well-Known Member

Do you want multiple prefixes for each thread (so a thread could have both "usd" and "rub" at the same time), or do you want multiple filters for a forum (so I can view "usd" and "rub" threads at the same time)?
  6. dendy11

dendy11 New Member

Both of this
  7. Ridemonkey

Ridemonkey Well-Known Member

Mods, why is this marked as Implemented?

You definitely cannot implement multiple prefixes for a single thread, nor filter for more than one prefix.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Multiple prefixes was not the original suggestion nor is it explicitly mentioned in the title or post content.

Regardless, there is already an open suggestion for multiple prefixes.
  9. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Multiple prefixes core in Xenforo would be really great.