HTML5!

Erik

Thank's for using HTML5 guys! Way to move forward. The moment I heard about this project, I was thinking "they're developing a brand-new forum software from scratch - I hope to god they're using the latest and greatest technology and standards" and it looks like you are! :)

I really want to see the back-end (source-code), but I'll have to wait for that part. ;)

Unfortunately the neither the forum home nor the thread pages validate:
Forum home
Threads

I've got lots of ideas and feedback, but for now I have to go to sleep. But great work so far! :)

It actually does validate, the first two errors are what facebook requires, and the third one is empty value, as no value is set. If I understand it correctly.

It actually does validate, the first two errors are what facebook requires, and the third one is empty value, as no value is set. If I understand it correctly.

I think you are correct. The remaining validation errors on the thread pages are also due to Facebook (the iframe). Although technically, it still doesn't validate. It's not really correctable, though, seeing as they obviously wouldn't cut Facebook. ;)
The scrolling attribute on the iframe element is obsolete. Use CSS instead.
That should be easily correctable, I would think.
Also, I wonder if I can do a webquote:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fxenforo.com%2Fcommunity%2Fthreads%2Fa-long-thread-to-allow-us-to-play-with-the-pagenav-animation.16%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0 said:
The webpage said this!

Well, it kind of worked. It would be cool if it auto-truncated the the URL and then linked it, though. That would be an easy way to quote passages from websites and still provide the source. :)

That's actually a really annoying limitation (in the spec) of <input type="date" />. Opera, which is the one browser the implements it natively (in a stable release :P) has an option to clear the value, so I think it's just a bad spec. (The Opera date picker also looks horrible! :()

Opera for me is like IE + patch to try and make things work. You can claim it works, but reality shows otherwise :p And we're back to IE behaviors again. hehe. <yes, quite rude of me to say>

Top Bottom