HTML Newsletter Generator - Keep Members Coming Back [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get a recap here please. Not trying to cause any trouble, but am catching up and something seems odd. Is the below narrative correct?

@BamaStangGuy released a Newsletter. Updated it, and had issues. Customer were angry, he decided to throw in the towel on the project because people were jerks.
@Mike Creuzer and the guys at ThemeHouse acquired the assets of Bama, and told us that they would 'fix' the Newsletter... but that because the work was so intensive to fix it everyone had to buy it again.

Then Bama decides to release a new version of a 'Newsletter', that focuses on Sendy as a medium to transmit. Despite declaring that he was walking away and selling assets to ThemeHouse. Customers of the original Newsletter were sent the new newsletter, but didn't get much more info on it that that.. for example, the Sendy aspect, while likely explained, perhaps wasn't front and center, and we get another situation where people are updating and walking into a confusing situation

Is this correct?

Not trying to be rude here or ruffle feathers, I'm just feeling a little confused as a customer and would like to understand things. As a forum owner we work very hard to cultivate trust with our readers, and always want to add value. Bringing in an Add On is a big step, and a big risk, and I feel that there isn't much in the way of underlying regulation by the team at Xenforo for the third party network, so understanding the narrative is important to me.

I decided to no longer develop the HTML Newsletter Generator. Sold it to Audentio. They decided to not continue to develop that one and merged some features of HTML Newsletter into [TH] Mailing List. Having neither the original HTML Newsletter Generator nor [TH] Mailing List fitting my needs, I wrote what is now Sendy Newsletter Generator. Anyone that uses my previous add-on with Sendy is welcome to one free copy of my add-on per license they had. If you don't use Sendy then I can't help you unfortunately as the add-on I am developing now is strictly for Sendy and will not be developed for any other mailing system.

Please remove my email from your list - if you need my email address to do so, please contact me privately.

Thanks.

Can I get a recap here please. Not trying to cause any trouble, but am catching up and something seems odd. Is the below narrative correct?

@BamaStangGuy released a Newsletter. Updated it, and had issues. Customer were angry, he decided to throw in the towel on the project because people were jerks.
@Mike Creuzer and the guys at ThemeHouse acquired the assets of Bama, and told us that they would 'fix' the Newsletter... but that because the work was so intensive to fix it everyone had to buy it again.

Then Bama decides to release a new version of a 'Newsletter', that focuses on Sendy as a medium to transmit. Despite declaring that he was walking away and selling assets to ThemeHouse. Customers of the original Newsletter were sent the new newsletter, but didn't get much more info on it that that.. for example, the Sendy aspect, while likely explained, perhaps wasn't front and center, and we get another situation where people are updating and walking into a confusing situation

Is this correct?

Not trying to be rude here or ruffle feathers, I'm just feeling a little confused as a customer and would like to understand things. As a forum owner we work very hard to cultivate trust with our readers, and always want to add value. Bringing in an Add On is a big step, and a big risk, and I feel that there isn't much in the way of underlying regulation by the team at Xenforo for the third party network, so understanding the narrative is important to me.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. BamaStangGuy sold the newsletter and presumably the email list/clients to Audentio. Then decided he was going to spam those clients he sold off with his new project that directly competes with the one he just sold to Audentio that was broken beyond repair. While he moved it to a third party site where he can presumably control and control reviews.

Last edited:
Did you even read the email? It isn't the same plugin at all. As far as the plugin from Audentio, here you go: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-mailing-list.5137/

Yeah I read it, looks like it was just some spam and not an actual update to the modification everyone paid for that was removed from them.

Please remove my email address. I'm sure you know it.

PS Please dont report this post, I simply don't want my email spammed in the future and would like removed from any list its on that you control.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. BamaStangGuy sold the newsletter and presumably the email list/clients to Audentio. Then decided he was going to spam those clients he sold off with his new project that directly competes with the one he just sold to Audentio that was broken beyond repair. While he moved it to a third party site where he can presumably control and control reviews.

I decided to no longer develop the HTML Newsletter Generator. Sold it to Audentio. They decided to not continue to develop that one and merged some features of HTML Newsletter into [TH] Mailing List. Having neither the original HTML Newsletter Generator nor [TH] Mailing List fitting my needs, I wrote what is now Sendy Newsletter Generator. Anyone that uses my previous add-on with Sendy is welcome to one free copy of my add-on per license they had. If you don't use Sendy then I can't help you unfortunately as the add-on I am developing now is strictly for Sendy and will not be developed for any other mailing system.

This is what happened. I am tired of this person continuing to try to throw my name through the mud. I can't defend myself without saying the same thing over and over again and yet he continues with this crap. This site will not see a single add-on that I pay to have develop or develop be released here because of people like this being able to run their mouth and make things personal.

Here is what is happening:
  • I created add-on
  • Decided I no longer wanted to support add-on
  • Sold add-on
  • Add-on now out of my control
  • Company decides to not develop add-on and instead takes some features and adds them into existing add-on
  • I no longer use old add-on nor do I need their new add-on so I develop what I have now.
  • I offer a free license to everyone who bought my HTML Newsletter add-on in hopes that those that use Sendy can at least benefit from some of their money they spent on my first add-on.
A select few people continue to want to make me out as the bad guy. You can be mad I sold the add-on but you can't hold anything after that against me.

I am seriously so tired of this crap from select from people being brought up and I hope something is actually done about it. I don't have the patience to deal with this crap on a "business forum".

wowzers maybe xf 2.0 will have a full out html newsletter system with proper sending an handling of bounced emails etc... right now i dont think 1/2 of my members get the mass emails i send

This is what happened. I am tired of this person continuing to try to throw my name through the mud. I can't defend myself without saying the same thing over and over again and yet he continues with this crap. This site will not see a single add-on that I pay to have develop or develop be released here because of people like this being able to run their mouth and make things personal.

Here is what is happening:
  • I created add-on
  • Sold add-on
  • Company decides to not develop add-on and instead takes some features and adds them into existing add-on
  • I no longer use old add-on nor do I need their new add-on so I develop what I have now.
  • I offer a free license to everyone who bought my HTML Newsletter add-on in hopes that those that use Sendy can at least benefit from some of their money they spent on my first add-on.
A select few people continue to want to make me out as the bad guy. You can be mad I sold the add-on but you can't hold anything after that against me.

I am seriously so tired of this crap from select from people being brought up and I hope something is actually done about it. I don't have the patience to deal with this crap on a "business forum".

Yeah thats pretty much what I said you've done. I'm not sure why your so sensitive to the facts and feel like you're being attacked or victimized here because someone else is sharing the same facts you are.

You made an add-on.
You sold the add-on to members
You abandoned add-on because of unfavorable reviews
You sold add-on to another developer
They abandoned add-on because of poor code
You then spammed your old clients you sold to the other developers with an email titled "Html newsletter generator update" that was just a text file promoting your new similar add-on.

This is all factual stuff you've posted and said. I'm not trying to be disrespectful so my I'm sorry you feel slighted. I simply posted a question and some facts that you stated yourself about this plugin.I was just trying to get an answer to a question and your passive aggressive reply about reading is why were are here. Generally when someone sells their clients they don't then spam them about a similar product after abandoning the first one

But at any rate the facts are fully in this thread for all to see. I have nothing further to add so I won't be replying any more in the future.

Like I said before good luck on your new adventure.

Yeah thats pretty much what I said you've done. I'm not sure why your so sensitive to the facts and feel like you're being attacked or victimized here because someone else is sharing the same facts you are.

You made an add-on.
You then spammed your old clients you sold to the other developers with an email titled "Html newsletter generator update" that was just a text file promoting your new similar add-on.

This is all factual stuff you've posted and said. I'm not trying to be disrespectful so my I'm sorry you feel slighted. I simply posted a question and some facts that you stated yourself about this plugin.I was just trying to get an answer to a question and your passive aggressive reply about reading is why were are here. Generally when someone sells their clients they don't then spam them about a similar product after abandoning the first one

But at any rate the facts are fully in this thread for all to see. I have nothing further to add so I won't be replying any more in the future.

Like I said before good luck on your new adventure.

It isn't spam if it is an offer for a free license. If you don't want the free license then fine. I wasn't selling you anything.

Furthermore, you pretty much what I said is not what I am signing up for with what you just stated.

This is what happened:

• I created add-on
  • Sold add-on
This is your pretty much what I said:

You made an add-on.

"pretty much" "factual stuff"

Please. This is a joke at this point. Thanks for nothing XenForo staff.

You know, at this point, the resource is dead and given the behavior here, there's no point in continuing the back and forth. Take it privately if you want to bicker. If anyone has any questions about the latest update they may have received, they can direct it to the author.

It wasn't clear to me what was in that update until the last few hours (a license for a different add-on). I'm sure this whole thing could've been resolved more easily with a clear explanation of that, particularly when directly asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom