HTML BBCode (permission protected) [Deleted]

I have tried adding a html form and a basic html code, when pre-viewing the same code appears - Im logged in as administrator and I have set the permissions - what am I doing wrong?

I have tried adding a html form and a basic html code, when pre-viewing the same code appears - Im logged in as administrator and I have set the permissions - what am I doing wrong?

If you PM me admin CP details I can look into this for you. It's likely the elusive permissions bug (in xf) or a conflict.

Luke,

I'm working with an add-on that appears to clash with this one.

It extends the BbCode_Formatter_Base ...

Specifically the filterString, replaceSmiliesInText, renderTree and renderTagQuote functions.

Any ideas?

Ok well the fix I wrote for someone else is attached to this post:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rss-parsing-issue.31959/#post-365639

This fix will apply only to new feed items that are downloaded so you might need to delete the feed, delete all the existing posts it has created again and then recreate and import the feed to see the difference it makes.

I've just tested this and actually it isn't really a full solution for you. It spaces the text out better, but some of the formatting and character encoding is still pretty crap.

I can probably sort it out though.

I have installed V1.0.4, I also have XenPorta installed so have applied the 'fix'. What I have found is that the sidebar on the portal page is 'wrapped' (appears below the maincontent) though still floating right.
Thought it may have been the style I was using, but happens to all the styles.
Any suggestions please?

I have installed V1.0.4, I also have XenPorta installed so have applied the 'fix'. What I have found is that the sidebar on the portal page is 'wrapped' (appears below the maincontent) though still floating right.
Thought it may have been the style I was using, but happens to all the styles.
Any suggestions please?

Is there any [parsehtml] content visible in xenporta (incl recent posts etc.) when the issue occurs?

Is there any [parsehtml] content visible in xenporta (incl recent posts etc.) when the issue occurs?
Yes, there is one recent post displaying [parsehtml] content (which is displaying quite correctly)
What I have noticed within Firebug is that the structure of the page changes before and after applying the XenPorta fix thus:
BEFORE applying the fix:

Code:
 <div class="pageContent">
      <div class="mainContainer">
            <div class="mainContent">
                        Content
            </div>
    </div>
    <aside class="sidebarContainer">
              Content
    </aside>
    footer etc..........
</div>
Where both mainContainer and sidebarContainer are children of pageContent
but AFTER applying the fix the sidebarContainer becomes a child of mainContainer thus:
Code:
 <div class="pageContent">
      <div class="mainContainer">
            <div class="mainContent">
                        Content
            </div>
          <aside class="sidebarContainer">
                Content
          </aside>
      </div>
    footer etc..........
</div>

Any light shed?

When there is no [parsehtml] content present on the portal page, the structure returns to as it should be.

Hi, I am trying to create a simple form which is giving me the following error message; Please help. Thanks,

FixMyStuff.In :: Let's fix and help fix... - Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Hi, I am trying to create a simple form which is giving me the following error message; Please help. Thanks,

FixMyStuff.In :: Let's fix and help fix... - Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

To submit to a page within XF you would either need to include the CSRF token (best approach here would probably be a custom bbcode), or in the code receiving the form disable the CSRF check, depending on how secure the form needs to be.

I must have the weirdest bug or corruption anyone has ever encountered...I have spent over a day trying to fix this but have come here as a last resort.

I use this great mod for my RSS Registered Feeds into my site. In the message template of the registered feed I have:
Code:
{content}

[parsehtml]<iframe id="view" name="view" src="{link}" width="100%" height="5000px" scrolling="no" frameborder="1">
Feed from Recreational Flying
</iframe>[/parsehtml][url="{link}"]Continue reading...[/url]
This makes the post of the feed have the normal snippet at the top followed by an iFrame of the entire news item so users don't have to leave my site to "read more".

It has worked well for a long time without any issues for around 10 different news feed sources. Each of those sources are in a special News Feed secondary usergroup that has permission set to use the parseHTML tag

Recently I moved servers and upgraded to XF v1.1.4 since then I am having the strangest issue.

To begin with you need to know that I have a "No Posts Notice" using the XF Notices System that has a criteria set to only show to users that are logged in but have a zero post count saying "You haven't made any posts yet etc"...the other thing to know is that I have thousands of posts so naturally I don't see that Notice.

I have one specific news feed that when I go and look at the posts from that feed, I also get the "No Posts Notice" displayed but NOT for any of the other news feeds.

What I have tried:
1. Removed the message template which uses the parseHTML tag and I have no problem
2. If I use the non parseHTML template in the news feed as in (1) above and then edit the post with the parseHTML tag and iFrame, it works no problems
2. Changed the user that the feed uses to myself and I have no problem
3. I deleted the user that the news feed was assigned to and created a new user of the same name using the News Feeds usergroup, the same as the others, and the same problem happens
4. I installed a clean XF instance on my PC and don't have a problem
5. Downloaded my site to my PC and the problem still exists
6. I uninstalled this mod and reinstalled it and the problem still exists
7. I rebuilt all the caches and the problem still exists
8. None of the other news feeds, which are all set up the same way, don't have any problems

For the life of me I can't seem to fix the displaying of the No Posts Notice whenever viewing the news feeds from this one source, using this one user when using this parseHTML mod

Please help before I get locked up in the loony asylum

In regards to the above issue I can now confirm that it is this addon that is causing it...there is a bug in it so it has been reported to Luke but haven't heard anything back yet

Top Bottom