XF 2.2 .htaccess site password issue

Mendalla

So I have my dev as a subdomain with .htaccess security set to password it per the license terms. Since upgrading to XF 2.2b1, I get a 401 on accessing the dev site until I go into the lock icon (this is on Edge Chromium) and remove the item circled below. Once I login, I am good as long as the browser stays open, but if I close it, then I am back to the 401. I did not have this before the upgrade but I also don't see that there have been any changes in my .htaccess since the upgrade. Not even sure if this is related to the upgrade or I broke something else inadvertently (maybe an Edge update??). It's a nuisance issue but I hate those and I am worried about it affecting my mods as they start checking out 2.2 (though if it is an Edge thing, I am probably the only Edge user on my board right now).

1595785105282.webp

Can't help with that, but do you have a static IP address?

Instead of the password, you can also make the site private this way, put it at top of htaccess (add other IPs on a separate line for each one)

Code:
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 84.23.6.65

Can't help with that, but do you have a static IP address. You can also make the site private thsi way in htaccess

Code:
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 84.23.6.65
Nope. I am on a cable connection that doesn't change often (we actually tested due to some research my wife was doing) but technically can. I suppose I could set my VPN client to route all traffic through the corporate network at work so I could use the static IP there but that comes with a performance hit in my experience, not to mention it's kind of skating on thin ice with our Computer Use Policy.

OK, well there is this addon - as long as you can lock all forum ids I think it would be within the licence, might be best to check though

Top Bottom