How xenforo process images

Faust

Hello. I quick question, I'm thinking to migrate my forum from vb5 to xenforo but would like to know how xenforo process and store images? As my forum is based on pictures. Thanks

It does resize and rotate them if necessary by using either GD or ImageMagick and does store them on a virtual filesystem based on FlySystem ... was that your question?

If your site is heavily image based, then this is by far the best image optimiser which will save you GB's in the long run and make the site quicker;

The initial license purchase is a one off payment, which includes 12 months of support and updates.

After 12 months, the license is still valid and you can continue to use the software with no additional charges, but should you wish to download new releases or access ticket support, you would need to purchase a 1 year extension.

Otherwise you can choose not to renew support and remain on the same version.

Community support is always available in the forum, whether the license has active ticket support or not.

I am getting ready to renew, in April. My renewal will be a total of $80 for the year -- this includes the XF forum, plus Enhanced Search and Media Gallery add-ons.

My site is also very heavy on images in proportion to my number of members and post/thread count, etc. What I did was to set up a VPS, but "offload" the images to a block storage volume that I attached directly to my VPS file system. This allows a much smaller (less resourced) VPS system, but yet I have fully expandable and highly performant storage that I can upgrade as my image count grows.

I upgraded from vB 4.2.4 on managed hosting exactly a year ago, and haven't looked back since. Didn't lose a single image in the import. The support (as has been said) here has been excellent, both from the XF side (folks like @Brogan) as well as the community of members and developers, and the knowledge base.

After migrating it can take a bit of time to "fine tune" things (permissions, and so forth) and to find a palette of add-ons that mirror some of the built-in fuctionality of vB, if that is important to you. The good thing is that there is a very robust ecosystem of developers who are active in creating and supporting XF add-ons, so you can definitely find what you need in most cases.

Good luck !!

Top Bottom