How would you update the ACP template cache

KillaBite

I edited one of the templates in the ACP in the database. Is there anyway to force the cache purge for admin templates like there is for regular ones? When I go to the page it's still has the old option.

Thanks!

You can import the master style again by visiting /install/ and clicking Rebuild Master Data. That will restore all original admin templates and ensure the cache is updated.

edit - note that the admin templates don't have a revert option like the regular templates do. You are editing the master when you edit an admin template. Importing the master data overwrites those changes to the admin templates.

You can import the master style again by visiting /install/ and clicking Rebuild Master Data. That will restore all original admin templates and ensure the cache is updated.

edit - note that the admin templates don't have a revert option like the regular templates do. You are editing the master when you edit an admin template. Importing the master data overwrites those changes to the admin templates.

Not sure but think they just wants the cache to be rebuild not the actual templates to be reverted... Because they have edited the admin template in the database instead of using the template editor...

@KillaBite you would be better to simply edit the ACP templates via the ACP itself instead of messing with the DB! (You need debug mode of for that)

@Cezz yeah exactly I don't want the templates reverted. In regards to your question, I can't see the admin templates in the ACP unless I'm not looking in the right area. I went to DB as it's the only place I could find to edit the ACP templates.

@Cezz yeah exactly I don't want the templates reverted. In regards to your question, I can't see the admin templates in the ACP unless I'm not looking in the right area. I went to DB as it's the only place I could find to edit the ACP templates.
Enable debug mode (put $config['debug'] = true; in config.php)
Navigate to admin.php?admin-templates/

@Jake Bunce
Thanks for your hint - i have made a bad thing, i install one add-on and at same time i deistall another one. Bad Idea! This brokes my Admin templates. But with the hint above i can rebuild it and all will just be fine. :) Thanks.

Xenforo should better block this, so any body can only do one thing at same time. ;)

Top Bottom