XF 2.2 How would I create a tab for a user to go to their own member page

beerForo

Looking to create a tab called "My Page" or whatever to link to the respective member's page. What owuld I put in the tab? Thanks!

Solution
Looking to create a tab called "My Page" or whatever to link to the respective member's page. What owuld I put in the tab? Thanks!
you can add this in the link field
{{$xf.options.boardUrl}}/members/{{$xf.visitor.user_id}}
and then while clicking on the tab user will go to his profile :)
I Highly suggest this. Just like on social media, you have your page, and a quick way to get to it. After I made this tab users started immediately going there. I found out they didn't even know they had a page. Turns out clicking your own name twice is not that intuitive. A member (and moderator) asked "What is a profile banner, is this a new feature?" :oops: I started seeing new profile banners. You know how many I had before the tab? ZERO! Nobody used it. I also saw people posting status updates (profile posts)! Wow. It's all about accessibility. Create your My Page tab today and see for yourself! :)

I Highly suggest this. Just like on social media, you have your page, and a quick way to get to it. After I made this tab users started immediately going there. I found out they didn't even know they had a page. Turns out clicking your own name twice is not that intuitive. A member (and moderator) asked "What is a profile banner, is this a new feature?" :oops: I started seeing new profile banners. You know how many I had before the tab? ZERO! Nobody used it. I also saw people posting status updates (profile posts)! Wow. It's all about accessibility. Create your My Page tab today and see for yourself! :)
Thanks for explaining, I was kinda' curious what the use case was. The whole mechanisms for user profiles, user 'follows', and the 'news feed' are way under utilized & under emphasized.

Hello! very interesting this aspect. I'm thinking of an adaptation to see what you can think of. how we could launch the member's page from his own profile, a new button could appear for example next to his name.

When people view a profile, they could also see the button to directly access your page, omitting the double click that nobody knows about. is it possible?

Thanks

Top Bottom