XF 2.2 How would I create a tab for a user to go to their own member page

beerForo

Looking to create a tab called "My Page" or whatever to link to the respective member's page. What owuld I put in the tab? Thanks!

Solution
Looking to create a tab called "My Page" or whatever to link to the respective member's page. What owuld I put in the tab? Thanks!
you can add this in the link field
{{$xf.options.boardUrl}}/members/{{$xf.visitor.user_id}}
and then while clicking on the tab user will go to his profile :)

beerForo

I Highly suggest this. Just like on social media, you have your page, and a quick way to get to it. After I made this tab users started immediately going there. I found out they didn't even know they had a page. Turns out clicking your own name twice is not that intuitive. A member (and moderator) asked "What is a profile banner, is this a new feature?" :oops: I started seeing new profile banners. You know how many I had before the tab? ZERO! Nobody used it. I also saw people posting status updates (profile posts)! Wow. It's all about accessibility. Create your My Page tab today and see for yourself! :)

Kevin

I Highly suggest this. Just like on social media, you have your page, and a quick way to get to it. After I made this tab users started immediately going there. I found out they didn't even know they had a page. Turns out clicking your own name twice is not that intuitive. A member (and moderator) asked "What is a profile banner, is this a new feature?" :oops: I started seeing new profile banners. You know how many I had before the tab? ZERO! Nobody used it. I also saw people posting status updates (profile posts)! Wow. It's all about accessibility. Create your My Page tab today and see for yourself! :)
Thanks for explaining, I was kinda' curious what the use case was. The whole mechanisms for user profiles, user 'follows', and the 'news feed' are way under utilized & under emphasized.

Pardal

Hello! very interesting this aspect. I'm thinking of an adaptation to see what you can think of. how we could launch the member's page from his own profile, a new button could appear for example next to his name.

When people view a profile, they could also see the button to directly access your page, omitting the double click that nobody knows about. is it possible?

Thanks