How work xenforo license renewal for a subdomain site ?

dondomainer

If i buy a second license for use with xenforo multise addons in a subdomain how work XenForo license renewal (for subdomain site ) if physically there is no second site, just the multise addons.

If you are running what is effectively 2 sites but an add-on that provides some technical connection, it would be treated as 2 sites from a licensing perspective. That would mean that you would need to extend both licenses to use a new license on either site (otherwise 1 site would be using a version it's not entitled to).

If you are running what is effectively 2 sites but an add-on that provides some technical connection, it would be treated as 2 sites from a licensing perspective. That would mean that you would need to extend both licenses to use a new license on either site (otherwise 1 site would be using a version it's not entitled to).

To understand better.

A second site is created through xenforo multise addons in a subdomain ( pointing to the same directory ) , so considering that this second site it is not physically installed ( as the first ) when renewal time comes then I am forced to renew both licenses at once? - otherwise, i would be in breach in you TOS, right ?

I mean, as there is no second physical site, when i renew the first site license, the second site, get all this advantage.

Also, Which is the status for Media Gellery, i need new license too ?

A second site is created through xenforo multise addons in a subdomain ( pointing to the same directory ) , so considering that this second site it is not physically installed ( as the first ) when renewal time comes then I am forced to renew both licenses at once? - otherwise, i would be in breach in you TOS, right ?
From my understanding, each "site" appears as a different install (even though it may use the same DB/files) using a different sub-domain/domain. As such, your licensing requirements are the same as if they were separate installs on separate domains.
If you use any specific 1st party add-ons (Gallery, RM, etc) then they also would require to be licensed for each "site" that exists using that add-on.

I mean, as there is no second physical site, when i renew the first site license, the second site, get all this advantage.
Also, Which is the status for Media Gellery, i need new license too ?
As for appearances, even though there is one install, it appears to be multiple sites using that add-on
As an example:
Ford.myforum.com
Chevy.myforum.com
Dodge.myforum.com

All 3 use the same DB/script files via the add-on. They have an appearance of different sites since the content is different. They EACH require a license. Same with any add-ons that may be installed (like the RM or gallery or even most 3rd party add-ons).

From my understanding, each "site" appears as a different install (even though it may use the same DB/files) using a different sub-domain/domain. As such, your licensing requirements are the same as if they were separate installs on separate domains.
If you use any specific 1st party add-ons (Gallery, RM, etc) then they also would require to be licensed for each "site" that exists using that add-on.

As for appearances, even though there is one install, it appears to be multiple sites using that add-on
As an example:
Ford.myforum.com
Chevy.myforum.com
Dodge.myforum.com

All 3 use the same DB/script files via the add-on. They have an appearance of different sites since the content is different. They EACH require a license. Same with any add-ons that may be installed (like the RM or gallery or even most 3rd party add-ons).

Now...i get it.. Thanks

Top Bottom