1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to work Route Filters?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by WoodiE, Jun 26, 2013.

1. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

I have my XF installed in on my web server in a folder called Community. When I create nodes (aka forums) my url for those forums become domain.com/community/forums/node-title/

I'm trying to use Route Filters to get rid of the "forums". But of the combinations I've tried thus far it doesn't appear to be working.

Any suggestions?
  2. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Shooting you a pm now... for others interested i will create a tutorial / provide some files & templates shortly, Ive finally got on top of this and have it running perfect with 1.2 Beta 3+
  3. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the PM Pixels, even if it doesn't do what I'm trying. Hopefully once 1.2 goes gold XF will update their manual to include more information about this feature.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can't remove route prefixes in general - you need to do it on a per page basis.

forums/{forum}/ -> {forum}/ isn't allowed for example (if you think about it, it would then translate threads/123/ to forums/threads/123/ as it matches the wildcard). However, you can do forums/node-name/ -> node-name/ as that doesn't create an ambiguity.
  5. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I don't exactly understand how to use the route filters as well, a tutorial would be nice.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member