How to troubleshoot an extremely slow installing addon?

TheBigK

My addon is pretty simple but I found out that it takes 3x the time to install and the installer sometimes get stuck showing a button to continue to the process. There is no error log or an error thrown.

Where do I look for repairing it?

If it's building templates and such there really isn't anything you can do. Do you have a lot of add-ons or styles?

If it's building tomatoes and such there really isn't anything you can do. Do you have a lot of add-ons or styles?
Not really. I've about 12 addons functional; and those are the most popular ones here on XF. I can deal with a slow installing addon, but not something that gets stuck while running deferred.

@TheBigK Setup a php debugger to step through the code. If you use the phpED IDE, there is a built in debugger.
Sounds like a way to do it. I've a feeling that my addon's not getting the templates right. Will the debugger catch problems with the templates?

It should lead you to the right line of php code that is taking a long time to execute.

My addon basically accesses XenForo 2.0 code base on Kier's machine and builds the templates as soon as he writes them. Kier needs to speed up, IMHO.

I think I see the problem.

It should be building templates instead.

I'm not entirely sure. But my phone seemed to believe tomatoes was the correct word in this circumstance. Google would never lie to me, right? :o

Top Bottom