1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to test with vBulletin import for later final import?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Peace, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Peace

Peace Active Member

I'm sure others have already figured this out, so I figured I'd ask here.

We have a pretty big vB4 forum and I need to work on a lot of mods / themes before we can go live with xF. It'll probably take 2-3 months to get everything built.

To build this stuff, I've imported our current vB4 setup into a test xF installation. This helps me see the forum structure, moderators, users, etc. as I develop our features.

The problem, of course, is that in 2-3 months, there will have been a hundred thousand new posts on the live forum, with new users and content, etc.

So my question is, when I'm done developing my xF test site, how can I nuke the old import (since I'll be writing tons of pointless test posts / likes / etc) and bring in a fresh import, while still maintaining my themes and mods?

Basically, keep the shell that I've built, but bring in the final, most recent database import before we go live.

I understand that some of my changes (for example, data fix to switch [mention] to [user]) will need to be run again after the final import, so I'm saving a list of the queries I'll need to run then.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This thread explains how to do that: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/
  3. Peace

Peace Active Member