1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to subscribe to the "Announcements Forum" ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by erich37, Sep 22, 2010.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I have tried to "subscribe" to the Announcement-Forum via RSS, but somehow this does not work.

I have not used RSS before and not sure how to do this.

Is RSS the only way to subscribe to a specific XF-Forum-category ?

Which also leads me to the suggestion of "subscribing" to a specific Forum-category without RSS. Any way to build this feature into XF ?

2. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Look on the right hand side of the post there is link stating 'watch this thread' - that gives you options about what type of subscription you want to have

erich37 likes this.
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

Go to the frontpage, there's a big ass RSS icon next to each forum.

4. erich37

yeah, but subscribing via RSS did not work for me somehow........ is it working properly for you ?

5. Floris

Floris Guest

My RSS reader accepted it just fine. and when there's new content it will update it with such. yeah.
    what are you using, what is not working?

6. erich37

I just clicked "subscribe" on the RSS-page. But I did not receive any update on the second post Kier posted into the Announcement-Forum (regarding release date and pricing).

7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Forum RSS picks up new threads.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Exactly.

So subscribe to the forum for new threads
    Subscribe to the thread where they announce the 24h has started, by watching it.

9. erich37

aha, so that was the issue.
    Thanks for explaining.

Can we have a feature in XF to have users "subscribe" to a Forum, besides "subscribing" to a specific Thread, like e.g. subscribing to the "Announcements Forum" in order to receive updates per e-mail ?

I assume many users have no clue about RSS and how this works.

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member