How to stop the KETO spam posts?

NealC

One of my forums is constantly getting links and posts from spammers about KETO. I have the setup as per the docs so first posts are moderated which is awesome. But how can I block these KETO worded links/posts before it even gets to moderation?

Add the relevant text to the Spam phrases and set the Action to Reject. ACP --> Setup --> Options --> Spam management.

Add the relevant text to the Spam phrases and set the Action to Reject. ACP --> Setup --> Options --> Spam management.

I tried this once by putting keto in there. It didn't work. Do I instead need to use *keto* ?

One of my forums is constantly getting links and posts from spammers about KETO. I have the setup as per the docs so first posts are moderated which is awesome. But how can I block these KETO worded links/posts before it even gets to moderation?
Ironically Keto recepies are delicious lol.

I wonder if all of these are from outlook.com accounts? I ended up blacklisting it. It's a legitimately service but annoyance is just too much.

i ended up implementing this yesterday. seems to have helped.

though it works well in my case as my site is focused on a single market.

I would never use anything that is 3rd party dependent, and/or that has even the most remote possibility of blocking/denying or even annoying a legitimate human applicant. Block all emails from outlook? Ouch. Possibly millions can't register.

Top Bottom