1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop specific mods from appearing in Staff online

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Renegade, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

I have setup a few sections with dedicated moderators who can manage their own sections. However I do not want them to show up in staff online now as they are not really part of the staff. They are dealers with their own dedicated forum. How can I achieve that?

Forum A: Mod X
    Forum B: Mod Y

I do not want Mod X to be able to open/close/stick threads in Forum B.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can grant mod permissions in the group permissions without explicitly making them a mod. By not explicitly making them a moderator (not using Admin CP -> Users -> Moderators) they will not show as staff.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. Renegade

Considering I don't want to make them appear as staff, I have to add them to moderator user group without making them a moderator. But if I add them to moderating user group, won't they be eligible to moderate outside their section too? How will I maintain a 1 to 1 relationship between that member and their respective section?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Adding someone to the moderating user group does not make them a moderator, it just grants the permissions set in the group.

6. Renegade

But where will that permission be applicable in? As in which forum sections. How will I control or assign that?

7. Renegade

I think I got it. Just changed individual user permission for the forum and removed moderator. Will come to know if someone complains. :p