1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How To Simply Add Header Image To Forum

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by MQK8, Jun 14, 2014.

1. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hi Folks

Okay, I know this is easy stuff probably for most of you, but I've been struggling all day to simply add a banner image on top of my forum. Right over the navigational area. My header banner is 1500x400 or height: 400px; width: 1500px; . I have set the path in the style properties in the "Header and Navagation" area and the banner shows up but nowhere close to being right placement wise. I've been messing with the "Height of Header Logo" settings by putting all different kinds of numbers and different combinations in there hoping I would luck out somehow but so far not even close. Any direction, instructions, anything to help me on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you trying to add a logo or a banner?

A logo can be set using Style Properties -> Header and Navigation Settings -> Header Logo Image Path
    A background banner can be set using Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Header -> Background Image

3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It would be easier to help you out if your site wasn't displaying this currently
    Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 10.01.05 AM.png

Remote troubleshooting is aided by being able to view the problem and massage the CSS code frequently.

4. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hi Brogran:

Thanks for replying.. I replied back to you after you responded but after not hearing anything for a couple days I deleted the additional info and screen shot that I included today.. Sorry about that, I thought I had deleted the other post about this but see now that you cant delete it and what I deleted was my response to you. Sorry about that again..

5. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hi Tracy, I can remove that immediately now.

6. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Tracy, all that is gone now..

7. Tracy Perry

Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 10.12.49 AM.png
    You have it set offline?
    It is massagelodge.com correct?

8. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Tracy, you mean you need the site activated?

9. Tracy Perry

Well, the screenshot shows you what I see when I visit if it's massagelodge.com. Let me try refreshing the browser.

10. Tracy Perry

@Fingertips... if you are using the xenfracture_light_fluid (and if that's not a child of your custom you need to make it so as the default - for reasons of upgrades not stomping on your customizations) then you don't have the logo showing.
    I've got a feeling you have the style above as your default and may be working on a child style and it's not selectable.

11. Tracy Perry

Do you have Skype? If so, hit me up at the contact info in my profile.

12. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Okay Tracy, I will,.. Thanks

13. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Okay Folks,

I now have my banner, header, background problem perfectly resolved thanks to Tracy Perry. I can't wait until I learn Xenforo better so I can help people that need help as well. Thanks again Tracy, I really appreciate it....:)

14. Tracy Perry

When clicking on the link from your ACP this is what shows up for me in Chrome on a Mac.
    Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 2.58.50 PM.png

15. Tracy Perry

Probably because you haven't changed your profile style to the new Child Style. It's still reading your XenFracture