XF 1.3 How To Simply Add Header Image To Forum

MQK8

Hi Folks

Okay, I know this is easy stuff probably for most of you, but I've been struggling all day to simply add a banner image on top of my forum. Right over the navigational area. My header banner is 1500x400 or height: 400px; width: 1500px; . I have set the path in the style properties in the "Header and Navagation" area and the banner shows up but nowhere close to being right placement wise. I've been messing with the "Height of Header Logo" settings by putting all different kinds of numbers and different combinations in there hoping I would luck out somehow but so far not even close. Any direction, instructions, anything to help me on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Are you trying to add a logo or a banner?

A logo can be set using Style Properties -> Header and Navigation Settings -> Header Logo Image Path
A background banner can be set using Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Header -> Background Image

Hi Folks
Okay, I know this is easy stuff probably for most of you, but I've been struggling all day to simply add a banner image on top of my forum. Right over the navigational area. My header banner is 1500x400
Thanks In Advance
It would be easier to help you out if your site wasn't displaying this currently
Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 10.01.05 AM.webp

Remote troubleshooting is aided by being able to view the problem and massage the CSS code frequently.

Hi Brogran:

Thanks for replying.. I replied back to you after you responded but after not hearing anything for a couple days I deleted the additional info and screen shot that I included today.. Sorry about that, I thought I had deleted the other post about this but see now that you cant delete it and what I deleted was my response to you. Sorry about that again..

@Fingertips... if you are using the xenfracture_light_fluid (and if that's not a child of your custom you need to make it so as the default - for reasons of upgrades not stomping on your customizations) then you don't have the logo showing.
I've got a feeling you have the style above as your default and may be working on a child style and it's not selectable.

Okay Folks,

I now have my banner, header, background problem perfectly resolved thanks to Tracy Perry. I can't wait until I learn Xenforo better so I can help people that need help as well. Thanks again Tracy, I really appreciate it....:)

Top Bottom