XF 2.0 How to show a sticked thread globally?

V3NTUS

Since I had the need to display a thread in every section of the forum, I was looking for a setting to allow me stick a thread and simultaneously make it appear in every node as sticked thread, too, so that people can see it while browsing other sections, too (think about a General Forum Rules thread for example), but I couldn't find a way to do this.

I was thinking to make a custom template modification in order to *manually* make this sticked thread appear in each forum node id, excluding the forum node id the thread is already in (using template if statements and a bunch of html+css, and redirecting people to the original thread when clicking on the link), but it would be a bit complicated to do, so before attempting this mess, I decided to come here to ask you if you're aware of another way to accomplish my goal.

I come from phpBB and there was a setting called "Global" to make a thread (topic for phpBB) appear in every forum section.

Thank you for the help!

We made the decision to not bother with announcements / global threads when we felt that the notice system was more effective.

So that’s what we’d recommend. Obviously it could still point to a thread by putting the thread link in the HTML. Benefit of Notices is they can be targeted to specific people, be dismissed if you allow that and they stand out a lot more. We find sticky threads eventually just get ignored because they just blend in with all of the others.

Top Bottom