XF 1.3 How to Set Up Private Forum

abiola

I have read how to set up a private forum by setting permissions but i realize that only the group that's granted access can see the forum on the forum page.

This is what i want to accomplish. I want everyone to see it as private but only those that have access can visit the forum. Just like what digital point did here.

digital point.webp

How do i do that? Thanks

I have read how to set up a private forum by setting permissions but i realize that only the group that's granted access can see the forum on the forum page.

This is what i want to accomplish. I want everyone to see it as private but only those that have access can visit the forum. Just like what digital point did here.

View attachment 78780

How do i do that? Thanks

You'd simple adjust the permissions of the specific node/s you want it applicable to. For the usergroups you don't want having access, you would revoke the 'View threads by Others' permission:

OlRax0h.png

For those who you want to see it, you would set it to Inherit, which would allow them to view the threads.

The result:

2zcaE6l.png

The thread_list template uses that phrase (there_no_threads_to_display).

Yes, if there was only a way for a conditional statement like this to be used:

Code:
    <xen:elseif is="{$category.privateInfo}" />
        <li class="primaryContent">{xen:phrase something_else}</li>
    <xen:else />
        <li class="primaryContent">{xen:phrase there_no_threads_to_display}</li>
    </xen:if>

Top Bottom