How to set all of my XenForo forum to read-only mode, so users can read but cannot add or edit a post?

mplusplus

Hi there

If someone please knows - how to set all of my XenForo forum to read-only mode, so users can read but cannot add or edit a post?

Thank you.

Just change all the necessary permissions in the Registered user group for editing/adding/deleting posts and threads. You may also need to do this for other user groups too depending on how you set these up.

Hi there

If someone please knows - how to set all of my XenForo forum to read-only mode, so users can read but cannot add or edit a post?

Thank you.

Hi doing this is super easy since my installation is read-only.

Go to the Admin panel
Go to groups and permissions > choose user groups > Click on Registered > apply the permissions in this screenshot https://prnt.sc/26c57th

And save. Now your forum is read only.
If you want other groups to be the same, do the same steps for those groups.

Oh, I was tired last night. It was 2am after 14 hours working on migrations. It's just. There's like 22 switches to have to toggle and remember to untoggle to get it to work. Would be super cool if there was an easier checkbox for it.

yes, I can see it could be a lot if there's loads of different editing to revoke, inc profile posts etc., but if it's just ppsts then there's only a couple of permissions.

Top Bottom