XF 2.2 How to send Member Emails and Avoid Spam

RobNH

I want to email my members, nearly 50,000 of them alerting them to the new forums from vbulletin, but no matter how low I set the emails to, the rate they're sent at is like rapid fire causing my site to get black listed. How can I decrease the send rate similar to Mail Chimp?

If you're already comfortable with PHP installations, then Sendy + Amazon SES is a solid solution. With Amazon SES, you pay $0.10 for every 1,000 emails you send or receive. So around $2 per 20,000 sent emails.

There's an integration as well.

I want to email my members, nearly 50,000 of them alerting them to the new forums from vbulletin, but no matter how low I set the emails to, the rate they're sent at is like rapid fire causing my site to get black listed. How can I decrease the send rate similar to Mail Chimp?
Man, that sucks! But I hazard a guess you've got bigger fish to fry, first. It sounds like the list needs to be scrubbed for bad emails through the validation service, a couple of test broadcasts through a professional service to remove bounces and the first batch of unengaged contacts, and then transferred to a dedicated email marketing system. Consider increased forum revenue when springing for an email system. Someone already created an addon for SparkPost: $75 a month gets you 100,000, $0.85 per 1,000 thereafter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom