XF 2.1 How to Reset Styling to Original Settings?

bigtex20

Hi,

I hope I am posting this in the correct location. I need to see what the possibilities are to completely revert all theme files back to the original version? I am new to Xenforo and while I do not think I have changed anything critical, I would like to just do a complete reset and start over. Any idea how to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Suggestion... leave your "default" style alone. You will frequently need to check against it to see if issues you have a style related, possibly add-on related or XF related.

Simply make that default style not available to users, create a new style (it will be just like the default one) and then work with it, having it active as selectable for users.

Reactions: FTL
Suggestion... leave your "default" style alone. You will frequently need to check against it to see if issues you have a style related, possibly add-on related or XF related.

Simply make that default style not available to users, create a new style (it will be just like the default one) and then work with it, having it active as selectable for users.
I wish my friend who'd created the current theme for my forum had done that. Got a few pesky issues that need sorting out, nowadays he's MIA after promising to fix them when reminded several times.

I wish my friend who'd created the current theme for my forum had done that. Got a few pesky issues that need sorting out, nowadays he's MIA after promising to fix them when reminded several times.
Easy enough to solve...export your style, if it's a modified default. Rename your current one if it still uses Default Style name. Then simply create the new "Default Style" style, import your old style as a new style with a new name, assigning it as the default using the little check circle in the Style list of style... disable the newly created default style (after naming it Default Style) and you should be good to go with a standard, non-modified style as a "check" for when XF support wants you to test against a standard, non-modified style.

If you want to tweak/modify your current style, after importing it... import it again with a new name and then click off the slider that allows it to be selected. You as an admin can still select it and you can do any tweaks you want to it, test them, and then implement them in your standard style you have set for default, all without ever interfering with what the users see until you are ready to implement it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTL
No problem..one suggestion.. before deleting your current (but renamed) Default Style, make sure the other process has worked.... you don't want to delete your current working style until you have confirmed that the process outlined worked.
Indeed, that's good practice. I'll be faffing around with this on a local copy of the forum first too, so no danger messing up the live forum.

Top Bottom