How to remove the extra forum/FORUMS/ my forum url.

Done Jake ;)...

I'm also a vbulletin user and I must say that getting around this is SOoo much easier even with this simple hangup. The forum is not the main index site but the /forum/ is the forums home page. I want to remove the /forums/ as I don't know where it's coming from.

Done Jake ;)...

I'm also a vbulletin user and I must say that getting around this is SOoo much easier even with this simple hangup. The forum is not the main index site but the /forum/ is the forums home page. I want to remove the /forums/ as I don't know where it's coming from.

One of the /forums/ is the directory you've put it in.
The second /forums/ is a route the software uses. You'll also have /threads/, /posts/, etc.

You can either move your installation to another directory (here it's "community") or you can use Jake's route changer to change the second /forums/ to something else.

Thanks guys!

I changed the directory name and everything looks and works perfect now :) ...

For some reason I was a little confused by the url structure and was expecting /forum/forumtitle.1/thread.1/ type of URLs.

If you want to remove the first instance completely, move the installation to the domain root.

The second one can only be changed, not removed.

Yes, you can only have one index file in the directory.

A lot of people use third party add-ons to create a home page, which allows XF to be installed in the root.

Top Bottom