XF 2.0 How to remove Register tab from the top level navigation?

I'm creating a private paid forum. I'd like to leave the registration feature enabled, but hide the registration links from the user interface.

That way I can send the registration link to the user via email after they subscribe via my shopping cart.

I found that with the setting under Options > Public navigation I can remove the registration link in the sub-navigation, but I can't find a setting that disables the Register tab.

Is there a way to disable this tab?

If not, is there a template I can edit to get rid of it?

This does not seem to be the best way to handle this but you must have your reasons.
This tab is disabled if you disable the registration. You can find it in the template called PAGE_CONTAINER:
<xf:if is="$xf.options.registrationSetup.enabled">
<a href="{{ link('register') }}" class="p-navgroup-link p-navgroup-link--textual p-navgroup-link--register" rel="nofollow"
data-xf-click="overlay" data-follow-redirects="on">
<span class="p-navgroup-linkText">{{ phrase('register') }}</span>
</a>
</xf:if>

The only problem with the link option is that any user can find / give the registration link.
You may automatically register them when you get a payment or give them an option to access the forum using an upgrade and providers available on XenForo. This way, you can also track who paid you, when and how much if that information was ever required.

Top Bottom