XF 2.1 Is there a way to hide subforums from the top level?

I did this in inspect element and it worked:

.node+.node {
display: none;
}

But I don't think that is right because it will probably hide it everywhere and it won't only hide node 12.

Not sure why it's doing that. There are no options to display a child forum on the main index like a parent forum. This is possibly a bug. I recommend deleting the forum, reload to check that it's gone from the main index and child of Gear X and then recreate it as a child forum of Gear X on creation.

Not sure why it's doing that. There are no options to display a child forum on the main index like a parent forum. This is possibly a bug. I recommend deleting the forum, reload to check that it's gone from the main index and child of Gear X and then recreate it as a child forum of Gear X on creation.
Good idea, but it didn't work. New node is # 13.

Okay. This could be an issue with the parent forum or the category that the forums are placed in. Try deleting the category and then recreating it.
Your categories don't seem to have any titles or descriptions to them, try adding those in as well and see if it works when they are something like this:
1595000084911.webp

Ahh, that's the root cause of the bug.
Creating any child forum of a parent forum that is not a child of a category will create a parent version of the child forum right underneath it.

I recommend creating a category for your parent forums so this works the way you want them to.

I'll report this as a bug.

I really don't want a category. It's another level that I would only be creating to fix this issue. Needless complexity is against my religion. :)

I appreciate you reporting it. How long do you think it will take to fix and can I get notified when it is?

After some discussion, Awesome Andy of XF2 Addons convinced me to give in to the force, and create categories.

I have done so.

I am OCD, so it was not easy. 🤪

Last edited:
Top Bottom