1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How to remove language option?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by LegendZ, Mar 30, 2015.

1. LegendZ

LegendZ Member

Can someone tell me how to remove language option?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You would need to delete the language, there are no options related to disabling.

3. LegendZ

LegendZ Member

Hmm, lets try different question, is there some way of deleting/hiding language chooser button?

4. Brogan

Yes, you can edit the template and remove it, or hide it using CSS.

Why do you want to remove/hide it if you aren't going to make the language selectable?

5. LegendZ

LegendZ Member

I think better question would be why xenforo didnt add disable option if its only 1 language (or maybe more it doesnt matter).

To answer your question its stupid too see language chooser if there is only 1 language..

6. Brogan

There is no language chooser if there is only one language.

Do you see one on this forum?

7. LegendZ

LegendZ Member

ok...deleted US and now there is no button, thx didnt know that

8. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

What happens if I delete English language but have still some English addons which are not translated yet? Will they display the text properly, will I get errors? Can I "undo" the deletion of the English language?

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's a hidden master language that you can't access. That's why when you create a new (top level) language with no translations, everything is English. So you'll be fine with that.