how to remove "FB Recommendations" from sidebar?

erich37

I have disabled FB-Login and also removed all the Facebook-stuff from my XF-Forum, but there is still the "FB Recommendations"-block (including the greencolored FB-Login button) showing in the sidebar when being at the page named "Recent Activities" at the Forum.

How do I remove this block as well from my Forum?

Appreciate your help!

thanks Chris!

well, I actually do not want to remove the "Facebook Like / Recommend" feature at the bottom of each thread, where it says "Share this Page".

I just would like to remove the block "Facebook Recommendations" from the sidebar when at "Recent Activities", because there is this green-colored FB-button which says "Sign up" and this button is seemingly confusing my users.....

Sorry, I missed your message.

The option you're looking for is at Options > Facebook Integration.

Then you just uncheck the box Enable Facebook Registered Friends Feature

Sorry, I missed your message.

The option you're looking for is at Options > Facebook Integration.

Then you just uncheck the box Enable Facebook Registered Friends Feature
That would still remove the Facebook Likes from threads.....

thanks Chris!
well, I actually do not want to remove the "Facebook Like / Recommend" feature at the bottom of each thread, where it says "Share this Page".

In order to remove it just form the sidebar, but keep the "share this page" feature at the end of all your threads

sidebar_share_page

PHP:
				<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
					<div class="facebookLike shareControl">
						<xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
						<fb:like href="{$url}" layout="button_count" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
					</div>
				</xen:if>

That is the code you want to remove (or comment out)

In order to remove it just form the sidebar, but keep the "share this page" feature at the end of all your threads

sidebar_share_page

Code:
<fb:like href="{$url}" layout="button_count" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
</div>

The OP is talking about this block in the sidebar which you can see on the Recent Activity page:

recentactivityblock.webp

It can be turned off with the option I posted (which is below the option to turn off Like/Recommend button).

I'm aware of this, but....

Turning this OFF

www.sociallyuncensored.eu 2012-7-28 10:18:53.webp

ALSO turns this OFF

xenforo.com 2012-7-28 10:19:33.webp

Which if you read his post, he doesn't want to do.

To remove the Facebook Recommendation on Recent Activity

news_feed_page_global

PHP:
<div class="section fbRecommendations">
<div class="secondaryContent">
<h3>{xen:phrase facebook_recommendations}</h3>
<div style="margin: 0 -@secondaryContent.padding-left -@secondaryContent.padding-bottom">
<fb:recommendations site="{$requestPaths.host}" width="@sidebar.width" height="300" header="false" font="trebuchet ms" border_color="@secondaryContent.background-color" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:recommendations>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Comment out this

You're done :)

I'm aware of this, but....

Turning this OFF

View attachment 32197

ALSO turns this OFF

View attachment 32198

Which if you read his post, he doesn't want to do.
I'm well aware of that. But I haven't instructed him to turn that option off.

I instructed him to turn off Enable Facebook Registered Friends Feature.

I haven't instructed him to turn off Enable Facebook Like / Recommend Feature.

EDIT: Although, turning the option I mentioned doesn't do what he asked anyway, it does something else. But yeah, you still didn't get what I was saying, even if what I was saying was wrong :p

I'm well aware of that. But I haven't instructed him to turn that option off.

I instructed him to turn off Enable Facebook Registered Friends Feature.

I haven't instructed him to turn off Enable Facebook Like / Recommend Feature.

EDIT: Although, turning the option I mentioned doesn't do what he asked anyway, it does something else. But yeah, you still didn't get what I was saying, even if what I was saying was wrong :p
No worries... I think we both got lost in translation.

XenForo is the only community I know where people a jumping over one another to help other people.

What he did ask for.... There is no "option" to do. So you have to make 2 template edits (technically 1, but 2 overall)

sidebar_share_page

PHP:
</div>

Where is that code located? Or am I missing something? :p

I can't seem to get the FB button on my sidebar even though it is enabled in cp admin Options. I'm thinking I may have disabled it for the side bar. How would I check for that or how do I get the button on the home page sidebar? Thanks!

Top Bottom