1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to remove ddos attack

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by RamzanHD, Jun 11, 2016.

1. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

my site is getting ddosed at the moment and i dont know how to fight it back i enabled cloudflare but it doesnt seem to work http://gam3on.com how can i remove ddos attack
  2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

You need to contact your host.
    RamzanHD likes this.
  3. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

okey thank you
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Use Sucuri Firewall.
  5. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

If you enabled CloudFlare after the fact, it's a little late, as the folks attacking you likely already have your IP address. Going to be awfully difficult to prevent it without DDoS filtering on your IP address.
  6. Alex - A2Hosting

Alex - A2Hosting Active Member

What kind of service are you on (shared, VPS, Dedicated server)? Your best option would be to reach out to your hosting provider and see if they are able to assist you at all. If the attacks are ongoing and your provider does not offer DDoS protection / services in any way, they might end up requesting you find a new provider so don't ignore it -- reach out to them.
    RamzanHD likes this.
  7. vij

vij Active Member

Why would anyone ddos a site that receives just handful of visitors a month and has 600 messages? Its probably not a ddos.
  8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Because the user base is hacker kids and the admin defaces other sites?
    Divvens, WSWD, Terror and 2 others like this.
  9. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

why are you talking ******** for 1 the site is not a hacking base 2 i dont deface sites and i dont even hack why are we bringing this topic up again
  10. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

yum remove ddos
    The Forum Heroes, MattW, WSWD and 2 others like this.
  11. RamzanHD

RamzanHD Active Member

i have it was a Layer 7 DDoS attack
  12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Let's just knock this discussion on the head. It was a responsive comment to a relevant question and does relate to the way you have presented yourself and your site. Take it privately if you want to discuss it further.
    Divvens, Amaury and Mr Lucky like this.
  13. TRGCommunity

TRGCommunity Active Member

WSWD likes this.