1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to prevent displaying deleted posts for admins ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Fab, May 25, 2014.

1. Fab

Fab Member

Hello there

I have a problem : we just imported our huge forum (more than 3M posts) on Xenforo and before each topic for admins, the "soft deleted" posts are displayed on a huge list like this, before the "real" topic actually begins.

http://cl.ly/image/0X3N3O07253T

Of course, I have to scroll for decades before accessing to the content of the topic, that's pretty annoying.

How can we prevent this from being displayed ? Or is there a way to display them in the "logical" order of the thread - by date I guess ? Or did we miss something in my import ?

Thanks ! (cc @Asdine my lead dev on this)

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Post are ordered by date, whether soft deleted or visible.

Which importer did you use?
    What are the post dates of those posts?

3. Fab

Fab Member

We don't use any importer. We currently have a custom forum and we wrote a script to import our old data into Xf.

The thing is in our script we set the column "message_state" of the table "xf_post" at either "visible" or "deleted".

The "post_date" of all the posts is the correct timestamp translation of our current forum's post dates.

The "position" and "last_edit_date" columns are left to 0.

4. Brogan

The problem is with your custom script then as every post needs a position value to enable it to be displayed in the correct position.

5. Fab

Fab Member

So i should fill the "position" field according to the "post_date" ?

6. Brogan

The values will be relative to the other posts in the thread based on the post date, yes.

7. Fab

Fab Member

Ok, i understand. Thank you!