XF 1.3 How to move XenStaff

Hello everyone, I was just wondering on how I could move the XenStaff add-on into the members section instead of the default "staff members" instead of it having its own navbar tab?

Okay, thank you anyways. Would you might know how to move the XenStaff into the members section instead of the default Staff members?

With the original XenStaff, modifications to the code would have been required. With the new one, it can be done with one click of an option. I've had more than a few PC's here asking about changing XenStaff or about updating it (actually, I'm surprised it is still that much in use), enough so, that I just finished writing a replacement for it.

-Supports multiple tabs. Each tab can be placed in the navigation bar (home, middle, end locations, and ordered by display order), or each can be set to be a child of the members tab (sub-menu item)
-the Staff list on the notable members page can be set to be removed. Doing this will un-link the Staff Online Now heading in the sidebar, or there is another option to use one of your created tabs to generate the staff online now list (if the staff list is removed from the notable members page).
-if there is more than one user group used for the Tab when you have it set to be under the Members Tab, a layout like the notable members is used, but each pane contains the user group name, and loads those members in.
-Pagination is added.
- Some other stuff added too.

Because XF 1.4 introduced the permission to view the members tab, and this new add-on checks for it, 1.4 will be required to use a tab as a members tab link.

With the original XenStaff, modifications to the code would have been required. With the new one, it can be done with one click of an option. I've had more than a few PC's here asking about changing XenStaff or about updating it (actually, I'm surprised it is still that much in use), enough so, that I just finished writing a replacement for it.

-Supports multiple tabs. Each tab can be placed in the navigation bar (home, middle, end locations, and ordered by display order), or each can be set to be a child of the members tab (sub-menu item)
-the Staff list on the notable members page can be set to be removed. Doing this will un-link the Staff Online Now heading in the sidebar, or there is another option to use one of your created tabs to generate the staff online now list (if the staff list is removed from the notable members page).
-if there is more than one user group used for the Tab when you have it set to be under the Members Tab, a layout like the notable members is used, but each pane contains the user group name, and loads those members in.
-Pagination is added.
- Some other stuff added too.

Because XF 1.4 introduced the permission to view the members tab, and this new add-on checks for it, 1.4 will be required to use a tab as a members tab link.
Hmm... I see. So what you are saying that now, you are able to replace the default staff members list underneath the Notable members with XenStaff, but that will remove the staff online now sidebar? If that is the case, is there something that could be an alternative to that?

Hmm... I see. So what you are saying that now, you are able to replace the default staff members list underneath the Notable members with XenStaff, but that will remove the staff online now sidebar? If that is the case, is there something that could be an alternative to that?

Icewind Staff doesn't replace the default staff list under notable members, it gives the admin the option to remove it. If you select to remove it, the staff online now link is automatically removed (as the link has no place to go), you can then set the staff online now link to point to a new staff group you have created that is set as public, if you want, or leave the heading as a normal heading (no link). Also included as an admin option is the ability to remove the staff online now block from the sidebar.

edit: this thread should be moved to a proper area.

Icewind Staff doesn't replace the default staff list under notable members, it gives the admin the option to remove it. If you select to remove it, the staff online now link is automatically removed (as the link has no place to go), you can then set the staff online now link to point to a new staff group you have created that is set as public, if you want, or leave the heading as a normal heading (no link). Also included as an admin option is the ability to remove the staff online now block from the sidebar.

edit: this thread should be moved to a proper area.
Okay, so I need to update my version and there's an option there??

Top Bottom